Red, Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink and Black. It's the General Snooker Thread!

Soldato
Well that's something new learnt by me...

Williams got foul and a miss for a second time, hitting pink first instead of red on second attempt. While ref sorting out position of pink with ref on video cam, Williams picked white off the table and put it in his pocket.

Another penalty of seven before Williams hits a red fine on third attempt.

Williams wins 4-1 against Vafaei and latter leaves arena without shaking Williams' hand.

Caporegime
OP
I'm sure he's done that before and with Olivier as well, at the Crucible. Don't remember him getting told off on that occasion. Maybe it's a new rule.

Apparently, Hossain stormed off because Mark slapped his leg - his own leg, not Hossain's. :D Maybe that's some kind of insult in Iran.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure he's done that before and with Olivier as well, at the Crucible. Don't remember him getting told off on that occasion. Maybe it's a new rule.

Apparently, Hossain stormed off because Mark slapped his leg - his own leg, not Hossain's. :D Maybe that's some kind of insult in Iran.
Just been explained, Vafaei took offence at Williams slapping his own leg, thinking it was celebrating the win... When Mark said it was him being annoyed he missed a pink and thought Vafaei would come back to the table, but Vafaei conceded and walked out.

Caporegime
OP
Just been explained, Vafaei took offence at Williams slapping his own leg, thinking it was celebrating the win... When Mark said it was him being annoyed he missed a pink and thought Vafaei would come back to the table, but Vafaei conceded and walked out.

Probably get a fine for bad sportsmanship or something now. :confused:

Soldato
Only seen most of the last two frames, but Zhou isn't crumbling at all, back level at 2-2 after Ronnie was 2-0 up with two frame winning visits.

Missed most of the last two frames, but down to a decider after Zhou wins frame six.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Afaik, First time he done it the white had been pocketed so it was off the table in terms of gameplay. Second time he done it the white was still on the table, but had yet to be replaced to the position it was in originally.

Commissario
No. No. No.

“The World Snooker Tour has announced a first TV event in Saudi Arabia, where there will be an extra 20-point golden ball for players who complete a 147”

Soldato
Soldato
Textbook Saudi that, totally fail to understand the sport in question but got to do something to make it bigger and better.

Why make it 20 points? Games over could make it 1,000,000 if they wanted :cry: have a 1,000,147 break to be the bestest evahhhhh!

Soldato
Textbook Saudi that, totally fail to understand the sport in question but got to do something to make it bigger and better.

Why make it 20 points? Games over could make it 1,000,000 if they wanted :cry: have a 1,000,147 break to be the bestest evahhhhh!

Yeh, crazy, whats going to happen? Is the ball going to be there do they pot the final black then the ref drops another ball? Insane. Waste of time.

Caporegime
OP
The Saudis are rolling in money. When a player gets a 147, they should give them £147,000 and then if they go on to pot a golden ball (which is on the table from the beginning, perhaps in between blue and pink) they get £1,000,000 or something. :D

Soldato
The Saudis are rolling in money. When a player gets a 147, they should give them £147,000 and then if they go on to pot a golden ball (which is on the table from the beginning, perhaps in between blue and pink) they get £1,000,000 or something. :D

In the 90s I’m sure I seen you got £147,000 for a maximum. I seem to recall Ronnie refusing to pot the final black because it was only for a few thousand.

Putting another ball on the table just completely changes the game, be as well calling it Saudi snooker, placing a golden ball between the brown and blue, make it worth 8 points and if you do get the new max of 170 (179 with a free ball) then you win the million. The difficulty pinging that cue ball from pack to bulk no one would go for it.

Ronnie might to be fair.

Caporegime
OP
Putting another ball on the table just completely changes the game, be as well calling it Saudi snooker, placing a golden ball between the brown and blue, make it worth 8 points and if you do get the new max of 170 (179 with a free ball) then you win the million. The difficulty pinging that cue ball from pack to bulk no one would go for it.

Ronnie might to be fair.

Yeah I thought about it not being snooker any more but they have the Shoot Out as a ranking event so they could mix it up for another tournament with the prize money pool being high.

Another idea could be the ref picks a colour ball at random for each frame (but never black) and the golden ball replaced that colour but you’re not allowed to pot it until the very end (so you could still make a 147). Oh, that doesn't quite work.

Last edited:
Caporegime
With the Saudi money flowing in, I bet Ronnie suddenly realises he still enjoys snooker enough to play in this.

really can’t see the Saudi public getting snooker. They’re not even taking to football that well.

Back
Top Bottom