Release date for the Asus ROG PG279QM?

Associate
On the site I ordered, ETA has been delayed to 26th July, frustratingly.

Yeah, got the notification yesterday and was ******.

Is it a true delay, or people with influence jumping the queue now that this monitor is building up hype.

Also still no ETA at OCUK.

Associate
Yeah, got the notification yesterday and was ******.

Is it a true delay, or people with influence jumping the queue now that this monitor is building up hype.

Also still no ETA at OCUK.

I ordered yesterday and called them, im only 18th in queue so not many are ordering.

Associate
Hardware unboxed already reviewed it.

They concluded it is a top tier ips. Speed is competitive with the alienware AW2721D, slightly behind the G7, it has better colour accuracy than either thanks to the proper srgb mode and factory calibration. Has the usual ips weakness in its contrast ratio.

The G7 remains better for
gaming-only use if you don't hate the curve, especially as it is cheaper, and goes on offer from time to time. The Asus model is better if you are looking for a productivity/gaming dual use monitor - or just dislike curved screens.

Associate
Hey all,

I had a preorder on one site, I was number 8 in the queue.

I had found the monitor available to purchase on another E Buying site for about £40 cheaper in total.

I have cancelled the preorder and bought the monitor on the other site, which is now on its way to me!

Can't wait to rock and roll with it

Associate
Hey all,

I had a preorder on one site, I was number 8 in the queue.

I had found the monitor available to purchase on another E Buying site for about £40 cheaper in total.

I have cancelled the preorder and bought the monitor on the other site, which is now on its way to me!

Can't wait to rock and roll with it

Thanks for the heads up. I used my final play money on this monitor. My ETA is currently 26th July. If I was to cancel and request a refund it would take about 5-7 days so not sure if its worth it.

I look forward to hearing your first impressions and seeing some pictures.

Associate
Ended up cancelling my original order. Now I also have one due to be delivered tomorrow. Fingers Crossed all goes to plan.

Also, I cannot find this monitor on OCUK anymore. It's a shame they don't give ETA on items.

Soldato
Genuinely not sure why anyone is waiting for this. 1440P, HDR400, in 2021?

Professional level gamers are still using the fastest 1080P 360hz panels. Everyone else would be best suited with 4K, HDR1000 or OLED equivalent IMO.

Associate
OP
I think 1440p is the sweet spot for gaming at the moment, especially if you play a mix of esports titles and immersive single player campaigns. 4K makes it hard to hit a consistent frame rate in many esports titles, and 1080p is just too pixelated and ugly in comparison.

I've placed an order with OC for this monitor. Should be with me early next week. Cannot wait to replace my aging Benq monitor. :D

Associate
I think 1440p is the sweet spot for gaming at the moment, especially if you play a mix of esports titles and immersive single player campaigns. 4K makes it hard to hit a consistent frame rate in many esports titles, and 1080p is just too pixelated and ugly in comparison.

I've placed an order with OC for this monitor. Should be with me early next week. Cannot wait to replace my aging Benq monitor. :D

I agree that 1440p 240hz is personally the perfect balance of fast frame rate and high resolution. I also love the fact that this monitor comes with a dedicated G-Sync module. I have been using true G-Sync for around 5 years and my eyes are just accustomed to the type of fidelity it provides.

I am not too fussed about HDR, so it comes as a bonus. The price is a bit high but I will be using it for the next 4-5 years so a long-term investment.

I was expecting delivery of mine today - from the courier Yodel, but its been sitting in their Mitcham sorting office from this morning with no out on delivery updates :confused:

I have never used Yodel before. Hopefully, they are not as bad as Hermes and it turns up in 1 piece no later than tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Asus ROG Swift PG279QM, Finally arrived today. I'm looking forward to going through the settings.

20210712_195254.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Could you please let me know if the monitor gets noisy, like fan noise, after periods of gaming.
I am looking at replacing my current Acer monitor as its noisy AF.

Many thanks

As you can see from this pic, my PC is very close to the Monitor also Ear levels. My PC is audible but I would class it as being very quiet when idle.

I cannot hear any noise coming from the monitor. Even when playing games at 240hz. Even with placing my ear near the back of the monitor.

My PC Fans Noise when under full load would cover up any slight noise coming from the monitor.

I think these new G-Sync processors are much better than the old ones when it comes to NOSIE.

The Asus ROG Swift PG279QM - Is Very Quiet :cool:

20210712_210901.jpg

Associate
As you can see from this pic, my PC is very close to the Monitor also Ear levels. My PC is audible but I would class it as being very quiet when idle.

I cannot hear any noise coming from the monitor. Even when playing games at 240hz. Even with placing my ear near the back of the monitor.

My PC Fans Noise when under full load would cover up any slight noise coming from the monitor.

I think these new G-Sync processors are much better than the old ones when it comes to NOSIE.

The Asus ROG Swift PG279QM - Is Very Quiet :cool:

20210712_210901.jpg

fantastic, thank you, I will place mine in order

Associate
Think I'm also going to buy one of these. 240hz and 1440p with lowest response times for an IPS and a gsync module with no fan noise is ideal!

I had a Acer x27 4k 144hz HDR 1000, but response times weren't great and fan did get noisy after a while. Although I guess this isn't like with like.. given it had HDR 1000.

Associate
This is the first HDR Monitor I have owned. So have next to no experience. I did not by this Monitor for HDR. So it's an bonus for me.

I have tried out a few games that have HDR support. Cyberpunk looks great especially at night in neon lit streets. However Far Cry 5 is poor and oversaturated. And most other games I don't really see that much of a difference.

To be honest the HDR in this monitor is not a game changer for me.

Going from 165hz to 240hz is subtle but noticeable upgrade. Playing State of decay 2 judgement and other games with my RTX 3090 FE at 200+ to 240fps is a blast.

Back
Top Bottom