Release date for the Asus ROG PG279QM?

Associate
I received mine yesterday and I'm very happy with it.

For the past decade I've been using an HP LP2475w, and it's been very hard to replace due to its great colour and lack of IPS glow or back-light bleed. The HP is only 60Hz though, so I've been trying to find a gsync replacement for a while. I've tried 3 or 4 monitors over the past few years (Acer, Samsung, LG, etc.), but they've all had glow or bleed issues. This is the first monitor that I haven't wanted to return as soon as I've turned it on.

I'm running in RTS/RPG Mode with Wide Gamut and it looks very close to the HP that I am used to. There is no backlight bleed, and very minimal IPS glow when running at minimum brightness), and then only visible on black backgrounds.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Associate
This is my first IPS display, I was running mine in RGB Mode but I am unable to reduce the brightness in this mode. Anything light in a dark area would give off an unpleasant Glow. For example the Mouse Cursor and MSI After Burner Statistics. I will give (RTS/RPG Mode with Wide Gamut) a go as I know you can control the Monitor brightness in this mode.

I am very happy with the Monitor. Much better than my previous Dell 24" LCD G-Sync.

Associate
This is my first IPS display, I was running mine in RGB Mode but I am unable to reduce the brightness in this mode. Anything light in a dark area would give off an unpleasant Glow. For example the Mouse Cursor and MSI After Burner Statistics. I will give (RTS/RPG Mode with Wide Gamut) a go as I know you can control the Monitor brightness in this mode.

I am very happy with the Monitor. Much better than my previous Dell 24" LCD G-Sync.
Under the monitor settings, Image -> Variable backlight. I would check that you don't have this turned on it was turned on by default for me and when my cursor was on a black background I could see a vertical column of backlight from the top to the bottom of screen. Kind of just looked like backlight bleed...

Also you should be able to control the brightness in RGB mode if you mean the RGB mode set under Image -> Display SDR Input. It works for me

Associate
Only thing I don't like so far about this monitor is that the coating is noticeably more grainy than my other monitor when viewing anything with a white background

Back
Top Bottom