Remnant 2

Soldato
Anyone playing this solo on the hardest difficulty? I had to knock it down a notch as died about 30 times to a boss but then it re-rolled and I’m now in a complete different world, pretty cool how it does that

Associate
Anyone running this on a lower spec? Looking for a new coop game to play with my laddie but he has my old PC with a 6700k, 16 GB ram and a GTX980, but only runs 1080p 60Hz. What chance does he have?
Doesn't look like it'd hit 60fps if he's looking for that even with low settings and FSR. More like 30-45fps which some people can deal with. It's a 1060 in the video but IIRC it's on par with the 980.

Permabanned
Does anyone else have controller issues? my xbox series s/x controller is not being detected in game and I'm stuck with mouse and keyboard controls.

Edit: nvm, it's working now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does the dog draw aggro too? Might have to try this instead

Oh yeh, and he's a scrapper too!

I used him to cheese a right git in one of the dungeons, to wear him down and save ammo.

Just had to revive him a couple of times, job's a good 'un! :p

To add, he also revives you, once per run, if you get whupped.

Last edited:
Soldato
The first one (survival?), I think it's the easy one, think I'll take WAB's advice and up it to veteran.

Have to say I liked the first Remnant, but this is miles better, not just the graphics but the gunplay, crafting, different biomes and creatures, just excellent.

My GOTY so far.
Never played the first but really liked the look of this as it reminded me of returnal which was my GOTY when that came out by a mile. Jumped into this and put it straight to the hardest difficulty, which I then immediately regretted. :D Loving it so far though, the randomly generated worlds are really cool.

Man of Honour
OP
Great fun in co-op too, its definitely gone onto my GOTY contender list. So far this year its between Returnal and Remnant 2 but theres Baldurs Gate 3 and Starfield to come yet, plus no doubt at least 1 other title from out of nowhere but for the moment its in with a shout :)

Permabanned
The game is pretty simple in terms of gameplay, quite repetitive in some ways. I found myself playing for a few hours last night with a random but got to the point where I couldn't be bothered anymore and now I don't feel any desire to pick it up again.
The different areas are visually nice I give it that. The lack of new weapons was a bit meh too. I still only have the starting pistol and rifle. Also perks are pretty slow to unlock etc.

Definitely isn't GOTY for me, so far that goes to Resident Evil 4 Remake. (Probably end up being Spider-Man 2).

Last edited:
Soldato

There's quite a few weapons in the game looking at that, but there's also weapon mods that you can unlock and add to any of the weapons, didn't realise that the different melee weapons have different animations too. If you compare it to something like returnal (which is similar imo) then there seems to be a lot more in this, think they just might be hidden well. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom