Removals company question

Associate
Very nice. Book youselves a meal at the Moonfish Cafe, just off Union Street. Aperitivo on Bon Accord Street is also nice and the Mariner does an excellent Sunday carvery. Are you working at Albyn Hospital or Foresterhill? The latter is a bit of an uphill trek in the morning - but good exercise.

Nice, the family will have a look see around town :) ..

My wife and I are semi-retired these days and being close to the hospital is important because of my health issues; still recovering from
a stroke from years ago. Soon as I get my balance under control, I'll be out there joining my family and checking Aberdeen out and all that it offers;
my balance is pretty good inside, but one step outside and everything goes out of control (as if i had too many drinks).

ty

Associate
OP
Which taxi firm is the best in Aberdeen? (living on Crown Street)

Being disabled (arthritic with balance issues), it's been impossible so far to find any good (reliable) taxi firm and what's this crap
about adding a quid or more to the total (in some cases trying to get away with up to £10 more).

ty

Man of Honour
Jaysus. For 2.5K I think I'd rent a Luton and do it myself. :p

Depends how much stuff and how many people you are moving - having done a major move in 2019 it was money well spent compared to the amount of work and hassle it would have otherwise been.

Associate
OP
Depends how much stuff and how many people you are moving - having done a major move in 2019 it was money well spent compared to the amount of work and hassle it would have otherwise been.

In my case I used a mover (family business) that I had used roughly 10 years ago and they were really good, but... things did not work out as they should have and I wish that I had called it off and had another mover, but what happened was the son (maybe 25) had taken over the business and I thought no problem as everything seemed ok at the time.. My family and I had to leave (the mover stayed behind to pack and load the truck) to make it on time for the train in London and later on I had a call with the mover saying if i wanted my stuff delivered, it'd cost another £1200.. I ended up paying it.. I will be going to a solicitor as I was able to get everything as an email from him and the payments were bank cheques, but to make it even worse, all the boxes were packed without anythng written on them, so i have no idea what's in them and we are still unpacking them.. Been a bad move and I am so totally upset by the whole ordeal and really can't afford a solicitor and to think he took advantage of my wife and I (both disabled).. No words to describe what I am feeling, but it's a no brainer here what i would love to do.. In any case, the added cost has hurt badly and has made a mess of things as the money was needed elsewhere... Anyway my family are getting by as we have no choice but to do so and I hope we can get something back, but not sure how realistic it is as having a solicitor is going to make it so much more costly than it's worth.. :( so very upset over all of this mess... :(

Associate
OP
What was the reason given for the additional £1200? They must have had basis.....

He decided he wanted more money after we left to London, so no reason other than greed. I have an electronic trail, so can prove everything, but... I imagine it's going to cost more than £1200 to get back any of the money.

Back
Top Bottom