replacemet leads for ThermalTake PSU?

Associate
Does anyone know where i might be able to get replacement modlar cables for a thermaltake power supply? I have gone to ThermalTake Support and, after 2 days of messages using every available avenue of communication, they have said they "will look to see if they have some" but i am not hopefull.

It seems crazy to me that they dont sell them individually. people must lose or break these cables surely. anyway if anyone knows anywhere i can get some, or any that may work please do let me know.

All i really need is a sata power connector to power a hard drive on a test bench so i am prepared to take a chance on popping an old mechanical drive if it does go wrong!

PSU for reference is a ToughPower XT 775w

Thanks,

Man of Honour
That model was realeased in 2009 so I doubt if they have any cables lying around for it and I doubt if any retailer would still have stock of cables for such a old psu. What you could do is use a extra string of power plugs that plug onto the end of a existing chain. Take a look at these:-

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £19.64
(includes shipping: £4.66)

Soldato
All i really need is a sata power connector to power a hard drive on a test bench so i am prepared to take a chance on popping an old mechanical drive if it does go wrong!

PSU for reference is a ToughPower XT 775w
Is it some test bench computer use or just test bench PSU use?
If you use it as "jump started" test bench PSU you could just wire SATA extension cable to that motherboard's connector.

Though with cheap capacitors in secondary and age of that model there's risk of popping parts regardless if wiring is correct...
Unlike wines capacitors don't age that well, especially cheap ones.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&file=print&reid=182

Soldato
its that or trying to rewire a cable using a multimeter, a wiring diagram
No need for wiring diagram.
Old colour coded PSUs are easy:
Red is 5V, Yellow 12V and black ground.
3,3V actually isn't used by anything SATA powered I know hence why its lack in Molex to SATA adapters isn't problem. (HDDs use only 5V and 12V)
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-value-molex-to-sata-power-adapter-pcc-sata-cable-cb-037-ok.html

Problem is modern fashion excrement PSUs with that all black excrement cabling.

For test bench PSU for powering some 12V device (or 5V) modern DC-DC PSUs wouldn't be better because they don't care slightest about crossloading.

Back
Top Bottom