*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Soldato

I always thought capcom would cash in on a dlc like this. Missed opportunity.

As much as I have enjoyed the remakes they always felt like a bit of a cash grab rather than labour of love. Too many corners cut and not enough innovation in my opinion. Especially RE3 remake.

Guessing this is something you'd only pick up if you played the original? I'm m quite enjoying it but some stuff is annoying like when I got lost and realised I had to run really far to get back to where I was meant to be.
Fast travel spoilt me.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Guessing this is something you'd only pick up if you played the original? I'm m quite enjoying it but some stuff is annoying like when I got lost and realised I had to run really far to get back to where I was meant to be.
Fast travel spoilt me.

I played the original in the 90's as a kid yes.

Fast travel? That would ruin the game!

Associate
That mod is cool, but not for me. The old style i have fond memories of, and i don't want to ruin that as i know it was clunky. The remake i love and i've played through it several times.

Soldato
Perfect remake for me. It's such a shame that they rushed out resi 3 remake instead of putting as much care in to it as 2.

I still quite enjoyed 3 tbh, but it was far too short.

Three is my favourite of the original PS1 era games, so I totally agree that it was disappointing by comparison to two.

I'm really hoping we see a Code Veronica remake next, plenty of people are talking about 5 being the next one to get the treatment but imo that's when the series started going downhill.

Reactions: TNA
Associate
Three is my favourite of the original PS1 era games, so I totally agree that it was disappointing by comparison to two.

I'm really hoping we see a Code Veronica remake next, plenty of people are talking about 5 being the next one to get the treatment but imo that's when the series started going downhill.
Yeah 3 remake was disappointing, it was still good gameplay wise but they cut way too much content, that one really did feel like a cash grab. Glad they put a lot more effort in with the RE4 remake because that one was great.

The original 5 is still very playable so I hope they focus on Code Veronica remake first, they're definitely going to have to change a few bits of dialogue though... :p

Soldato
I'm loving these games at moment, pick them up quite cheap too on CD keys. I bought village then played the sublime resident evil 4 Remake. Now I have 0 to 7 to play through. Spent a fortune on this pc 7800X3D with 4090FE only to play these old games but damn I'm happy. :D

Soldato

According to IGN, RE5 can't be remade, unless the re-write it. Apparently a white Protagonist shooting black zombies is problematic for modern audiences. Yet they gave it 9/10 back when it released and never saw an issue with it then.

I can't say I care too much though as RE5 still looks and plays well enough even now. Code Veronica has aged poorly and would respond very well to the remake treatment, if they put as much effort in as they did RE2. At the very least i'd love a remaster of CV on Steam, to add to the collection.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
According to IGN, RE5 can't be remade, unless the re-write it. Apparently a white Protagonist shooting black zombies is problematic for modern audiences. Yet they gave it 9/10 back when it released and never saw an issue with it then.

I can't say I care too much though as RE5 still looks and plays well enough even now. Code Veronica has aged poorly and would respond very well to the remake treatment, if they put as much effort in as they did RE2. At the very least i'd love a remaster of CV on Steam, to add to the collection.

Yeah. Skip RE5. It does not need a remake.

I want to see Code Veronica, the Resident Evil 0 followed by a Remake of the original. Or should I say a remake of the remake :p

I want them in that order. But please CAPCOM. No small budget shortcuts like RE3 Remake. Put the love and effort these remakes deserve!

All those games are day 1 buys from me.

Associate
Would be hard to top the classic camera HD remaster of the original RE for me, but i would not oppose another remake done in this re 2 re 4 remake over the shoulder style. code veronica and dino crisis would be a treat, never did play the original code veronica but seen lots of footage

Man of Honour
The ‘racism’ thing absolutely WAS a thing / criticism when RE5 came out, but it was dismissed by regulators that looked into it.

I think a remake of the original in the style of RE7/8… or the other recent remakes, is inevitable.

Last edited:

ryu

ryu

Associate
Played through this again with the Fixed Camera Mod and it's pretty good, there was only a few occasions where I had to revert to the normal camera.

Back
Top Bottom