*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
i21XtfC.png

A deadly virus engulfs the residents of Raccoon City in September of 1998, plunging the city into chaos as flesh eating zombies roam the streets for survivors. An unparalleled adrenaline rush, gripping storyline, and unimaginable horrors await you. Witness the return of Resident Evil 2.

Available for pre-order on Steam for £44.99. But can be had for around £30 on websites like CDKeys.

Reviews

Trailers

Warning, the following videos show gameplay from the police station and may contain footage some may consider to be spoilers.

Grabbed some cool pics from the console thread for us :D

ldhpWuZ.gif

tHL8sEp.jpg

pGVNTLI.jpg

3A20qHd.jpg

PBcJqwg.png

1JDTYLG.png

6Cv2rSm.jpg

rA8Vegv.jpg

V9Tlw47.jpg

k7xbJQe.jpg

uPIlzDr.jpg

59gjusy.jpg

ZNoDsIN.jpg

YvYgU5E.jpg

jCWfoo7.jpg

Hz0NgEw.jpg

fqmPRgm.jpg

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
3 was very good too, but I agree the change to over the shoulder camera just took away from it for me. I really liked the fixed camera angles adding to the suspense.
Same here.

Resident Evil 7 was a big improvement over Resident Evil 6 though. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the originals. That is why I am looking forward to this remake the most. They will get my pre-order on this one, and I don't even like to pre-order usually.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
This is my list of favourite Resident Evil games, as you can see two is at the top, so cannot wait :D

Resident Evil 2>Resident Evil>>Resident Evil 3>Resident Evil: Code Veronica>>Resident Evil 0>Resident Evil 7>>>Resident Evil 4>>>>>>>>>>>Resident Evil 5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Resident Evil 6

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Apparently we won't have the same voice actor for Clair again. People made a big deal about it with revelations 2 and capcom reached out to the original voice actor, but then for some reason it did not happen. I can live with it as long as they don't mess the remake up I suppose. But not sure why it is so hard to give fans what they want?

Here is the video of the voice actor explaining it:

Lol, 6 was hilariously rubbish

It really was :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
No new about this yet. They are porting Revelations to other platforms at the moment it seems.

But mark my works, the release date will be the third or forth week of January 2018. Which will make it the 20th anniversary of the original :)

My hope is by September 2019 we also get a remake of Resident Evil 3 for its 20th anniversary:D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I'm surprised how poorly RE4's been rated above. Personally I'd say it's one of my favourite games of all time. RE2 is arguably the best of the first three for me though.
Because it started taking Resident Evil in the wrong direction. They should have just made a new franchise and used that for it and leave Resident Evil be as it was.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yeh this one I will buy on release tbh. Fanatastic game.
Was really hoping for some news on this. It seems they are still far enough from release and in the current state cannot give a release date. I would rather wait and get a good polished game though to be honest.

This will be an instant buy for me on release. Happy to support companies who release games I really want to play. It only happens on average once a year anyway.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Still no news, gutted.
Pretty sure we will get some news at E3 this year which is around the corner now.

I am surprised we have not heard anything yet also. I was expecting news at last years E3, then after at the 20th Anniversary of Resident Evil 2. This could be a good thing however, as hopefully we will get a bigger game like we did when Resident Evil was remade :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
OMG about to watch now shanks. Don’t no one disturb me!

Edit: Hyped!!! That was great. Was hoping for it this year, but happy to wait for quality. At least we have a release date now :)

I like what they did with Leon. Not sure if that was Clair I saw, she did not look as great, but I am sure we will see more soon.

Capcom’s remake of Resident Evil 2 is coming to PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One on Jan. 25, 2019. The game will cost $59.99.

The remake of Resident Evil 2 will trade the fixed cameras of the original game for a third-person over-the-shoulder view, similar to more recent Resident Evil games — with the exception of Resident Evil 7, which introduced a first-person view. Players will still be able to play as both Claire Redfield and Leon Kennedy as they explore a zombie-infested Raccoon City.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Is this going to play like RE4 or like the original RE2?
As mentioned in my earlier post, it is over the shoulder. Also no pre rendered backgrounds either.

Would have loved pre rendered backgrounds as it would have made for stunning graphics way ahead of its time like Resident Evil Remake was. That game still looks good today. But I will take anything, just happy to see it remade full stop. At least it will be a fresh experience :)

its a remake of RE2 what do you think? haha
Whatever it is you are seemingly thinking, it is wrong. Lol

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I know what you mean, but I think that RE7 proved that its getting to the point now where actual 3d graphics can be as detailed as pre rendered and give that same detail, creepy look to the world. I'm hoping they put a lot of effort into adding that detail to this game, it did look like they have from the trailer.
I doubt they could get the same detail personally as they could probably get a lot more detail in now than they ever could back then. We are still far away from photo realistic graphics, I think they could come close to that now if they went pre-rendered, but it would probably be a lot of work and there would be a lot of people who would not appreciate it and complain so they would not take that chance financially.

On another note, waiting hear something on Daymare 1998. I am also looking forward to that. It is slated to be released Q3 this year, hopefully we will see some information about it yet at E3.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
There were plenty ink ribbons in those games, unless you are used to F5 every two seconds and saved every time you walked past a type writer I am struggling to understand how anyone can run out. Hell I completed the whole game once in a few hours with no saves whatsoever back in the day to get a higher rank at the end.

Resident Evil 2 was not a big game as I recall. If you saved every say 30 minutes, there would be more than enough ink ribbons.

My guess is there will be checkpoints and normal saves as these days anything less and people will complain. There will also be a mode for old school people who prefer the extra tension hopefully.

I remember on my first play throughs I would push it and not save, it would add to the tension. Did screw myself a few times though, but was all part of the fun :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Ok that's encouraging to hear. It probably is me just being too nervous and afraid to use the ribbon - I never actually ran out of them it was just the thought of not being able to save when I wanted that was putting me off playing it. I must, must, must go back to it - I'm such a big fan of all the games from 4 onwards (I even liked 6) that I need to back and do the first 3...

Definitely go back and play the originals man, in my opinion they are the best. May seem strange for a while with the tank controls, but you will quickly get used to it ;)

In my opinion Resident Evil is 0, 1, 2, 3 and CV. After that it stopped being Resident Evil and story changed, gameplay changed etc.

Played the original on N64, back in the day™. This looks exactly what I was hoping for from a remake. Very happy, and it's releasing on my birthday. :D

Lucky you :D

I had a N64, but played it on the Playstation before it was out on N64. Never got to play the N64 version sadly. Not sure if there was any improvements. But I did play it on the GameCube :)

Probably played and completed it well over 10 times over the years, hence why I am so happy to see this release. So much nostalgia :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Well RE7 looked close enough for me. It really felt like you were exploring a creepy, run down house. If they can put that sort of detail into this remake i'll be happy.

Gfx have come a long way since RE4, so it wont be a bunch of copy and paste assets like that was. Back when RE1 remake came out pre-rendered was the only option to get that sort of detail, but now its getting to the stage where you don't have to use pre rendered backgrounds and can still have a highly detailed world that looks realistic enough imo.
I suppose everyone has their own expectations. I am not complaining, I am happy with the graphics I saw in the trailer from one seen that looked like in game footage. But pre-rendered could have looked a magnitude better imo.

Hopefully this sells well as I would love to see them remake 3 and code veronica. Then maybe go remake the remake of the original :p

I am looking forward to the next consoles in hopefully 18 months so we can push graphics to the next level :)

Back
Top Bottom