Resident Evil 4 (PSVR2)

Permabanned
Shame in reality it looks like a ps2/3 game though. The PS4 version looked really good, played it on release, but this looks buggy and pants!
I guess that's the difference between a trailer and reality once they've got your money eh!

Soldato
Shame in reality it looks like a ps2/3 game though. The PS4 version looked really good, played it on release, but this looks buggy and pants!
I guess that's the difference between a trailer and reality once they've got your money eh!
LOL that is the Meta Quest version of RE4 VR! So yeah, it looks like a game from that era, because it is!

Soldato
And it's one of the best looking Quest 2 games too.

I'm still waiting for the proper first person Praydog mod for RE4 on PC. I wish capcom would release official PC VR ports though.
The VR port is impressive, especially for standalone hardware on the Quest 2.

I was gutted RE7 never got an official port, it was the main reason I picked up a VR headset to begin with!

Soldato
The VR port is impressive, especially for standalone hardware on the Quest 2.

I was gutted RE7 never got an official port, it was the main reason I picked up a VR headset to begin with!

The Praydog RE VR ports are pretty good, but need a monster PC to play. I've played through a significant chunk of RE2, RE7 and RE Village with them. They are janky in places and very intense but are well worth playing.

Soldato
The Praydog RE VR ports are pretty good, but need a monster PC to play. I've played through a significant chunk of RE2, RE7 and RE Village with them. They are janky in places and very intense but are well worth playing.
I'd quite like to try them. Hopefully my rig will be ok - 13700k and 4080. The Village VR mode on PS5 is intense, I can imagine 2 and 3 (if port exists) would be brutal in places!

Soldato
I'd quite like to try them. Hopefully my rig will be ok - 13700k and 4080. The Village VR mode on PS5 is intense, I can imagine 2 and 3 (if port exists) would be brutal in places!
Plenty powerful enough.

You can get the mods here. Very simple installation.

Permabanned
LOL that is the Meta Quest version of RE4 VR! So yeah, it looks like a game from that era, because it is!
Hahaha, whoops, my bad, guys!

Thank god for that! That looks AWFUL, I was going to say HUH! As I'd seen how good stuff like Resi7 VR etc looks! TBF it literally seamlessly played after the official trailer so I didn't get a chance to see a description.

That's hilarious though, cheers for clearing that up! I'd be fuming if I'd spent money on a Meta Quest though and it looked like that though :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
RE4 looks astonishingly good on Q2. It's higher resolution, smoother and better graphics than just about every native Quest game out there.

It doesn't look quite as good on Pro or Q3 because the pancake lenses are so clear, and it's easier to see where they cut corners.

Of course it's not going to be anywhere near the same quality as PSVR2, but it is an extremely good VR game in its own right.

Soldato
Hahaha, whoops, my bad, guys!

Thank god for that! That looks AWFUL, I was going to say HUH! As I'd seen how good stuff like Resi7 VR etc looks! TBF it literally seamlessly played after the official trailer so I didn't get a chance to see a description.

That's hilarious though, cheers for clearing that up! I'd be fuming if I'd spent money on a Meta Quest though and it looked like that though :cry:

I take it that you don't have a VR headset?

Soldato
While this RE4 thread is running, I've a couple of questions, albeit I have RE4 for the Quest 3. Should I play it on normal or hard? In other words, is normal too easy or a decent enough challenge? Secondly, unless I take the headset to another room, the room I mostly like to play VR doesn't haven't a lot of space. Does the game need a lot of arm swinging space, similar to for instance Beat Saber?

Soldato
While this RE4 thread is running, I've a couple of questions, albeit I have RE4 for the Quest 3. Should I play it on normal or hard? In other words, is normal too easy or a decent enough challenge? Secondly, unless I take the headset to another room, the room I mostly like to play VR doesn't haven't a lot of space. Does the game need a lot of arm swinging space, similar to for instance Beat Saber?

Normal is still tricky but it depends on how good you are keeping a steady aim and reloading while being surrounded by zombies. It's amazing how real panic can set in and cause you to fumble.

It doesn't need a lot of space, except you do use a knife and throw grenades which if you have limited space you'd have to be careful doing.

Associate
Normal is still tricky but it depends on how good you are keeping a steady aim and reloading while being surrounded by zombies. It's amazing how real panic can set in and cause you to fumble.
this is also true in Saint & Sinners or Fallout4VR, one of the great things about VR and presence in games is you really feel the emotion ramp up under pressure

Soldato

It doesn't need a lot of space, except you do use a knife and throw grenades which if you have limited space you'd have to be careful doing.

Great, thanks. I'll try normal and see how it goes. I'll test my play area and see if I can use the knife and grenades without hitting my tv. :D

Back
Top Bottom