Resident Evil 4 Remake

Soldato
Just finished it. Fantastic remake.

Just one thing that disappointed me was that they removed one of my fav little sections. The fire/lava room in the basement of the castle :( I know a lot of people didn’t like it but I loved that section. I remember being in awe of the visuals of the fire and lava on the GameCube. Oh well!

Also the after campaign stuff is a bit sparse. I cant believe they mad weapons are such a bloody chore to do and finishing on top difficulty only gets some stupid cat ears cosmetic and to get the Chicago Sweeper(Typewriter) you have to get S rank and finish in under 7 hours.. Insane! :(

i have heard that the Mercenaries mode should be available shortly but also hoping they are doing Separate Ways as its most of the same areas and assets.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm. Well

got up to rescuing Ashley. Having a little trouble escaping the church. Feel like I’m getting mobbed , and maybe I’m not playing it right. Edit. She also falls over way too much, and also gets herself picked up and carried off lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm. Well

got up to rescuing Ashley. Having a little trouble escaping the church. Feel like I’m getting mobbed , and maybe I’m not playing it right. Edit. She also falls over way too much, and also gets herself picked up and carried off lol
I had the same problem at first. If you take them on all guns blazing then they will swarm you. Stay in that little alley to the side of the church with Ashley set as "spaced away" then take out a couple stealthy and then some will follow you down the alley and from there you take them out as they come. Although the Bolt thrower with mines can be used you have to time it right as they go off after a short while. So kill a couple and then they start coming then fire the mines to take out a couple. Another good thing about that area is that if you have grenades as the area is narrow you can take a couple down at the same time.

Soldato
I had the same problem at first. If you take them on all guns blazing then they will swarm you. Stay in that little alley to the side of the church with Ashley set as "spaced away" then take out a couple stealthy and then some will follow you down the alley and from there you take them out as they come. Although the Bolt thrower with mines can be used you have to time it right as they go off after a short while. So kill a couple and then they start coming then fire the mines to take out a couple. Another good thing about that area is that if you have grenades as the area is narrow you can take a couple down at the same time.
I’ll give this a go. Thanks ! I don’t really wanna give up on it..but nowadays I play games for fun, not challenge. :)

Soldato
To be honest i played on standard and it got a bit tough in a couple of places but nothing hard. However i have played all the RE games and pretty much know how everything works. If you are playing on standard and finding it tough at the moment some of the later bits will frustrate you (Particularly one enemy) so bung in on easy and enjoy it for the fun and suplexing the enemies.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Last time I played Resident Evil was on the PS2 I think. Loved playing it in the dark in bed.

I really  dislike shooting games on consoles such as COD etc as it's all fake to me using a control pad, as I'm a PC/CS player so it's mouse or nothing. BUT for a more story game not online teams etc, I can make an exception.

I never bothered trying RE Village. Is it worth buying RE4 on PS5?

Soldato
Just finished chapter 5 and calling it a night.

I remember playing the original many years ago and thinking "where are my zombies? This is a bit crap". Sort of beginning of the end for Res Evil. But putting that thought aside, this game is very good! Very tense and actually challenging.

I'm very glad I went for the deluxe as you get a shotty and pistol with some ammo - I think I would be struggling without these, it's also allowed me to save cash and upgrade weapons! I knew the Red 9 was coming in chapter 4, so I saved all can and upgrades for that.

Soldato
Just completed this and though it was superb! I recall the RE 2 remake being very good and this was better in every way, always felt like I had just enough ammo to get by - I know it is by design but when you are playing and in the heat of the moment, it just feels good to have that bit more ammo, or a health herb, anything! :D

Soldato
Has anyone purchased the Separate Ways DLC? I have just downloaded it and will play over the weekend. I hope there is a decent bit of length but it was only £8.

Cant beat a bit of Ada Wong in thigh highs.. :D

Associate
Up to chapter 10. Not really enjoying it. It doesn’t know if it wants to be an action game or a resident evil game. Not scary or suspenseful and too slow and clunky for an action game.

Back
Top Bottom