Resident Evil 4

Soldato

I really enjoyed 5 and 6. :(

Absolutely agree with this. I played through the HD remake of RE4 on the PS3 a few years back and really enjoyed it. Its a far better game than 5 and 6 for a start and revelations seemed to use the best parts of it also.

It has some of the best boss fights in the RE series that are genuinely scary.

Still got both the HD remakes on 360, bought em about 2 days before I ordered my PC and flogged my console, it'll be beautiful if they at least drop Veronica X on Steam. Maybe we'll get Rebirth & Zero too, because they both sold like 4 million between them on Gamecube which was almost unheard of for the console at the time as it didn't sell very well at all. Capcom would make an absolute killing if they ported them both in HD glory onto Steam/LIVE/PSN.

Soldato
Lmao really? 'Ultra HD'?

Get the PC version and mod it with a texture pack, looks better this this garbage.

Edit:

this is what it looked like when I last played it on the PC. Judging from the trailers out so far, it looks like a PS2 port.

B33E0F425E97ACA14418FA29613427CF650A2E27

9164EA3DBF0810E698AE77F9A23EC9BA65F535D6

35366D61CD64CEF44D4E1AE4EACBCA652163FB66

Last edited:
Soldato
Beginning and end of the end imo. Pirate baby for the lose. Unless it is by Paul Robertson.

Code Veronica had some weirdness too though. Not as bad as 4 by any means of course.

It wasn't even the content for me, it was the switch to a third person action game with horror elements. The original games built tension from the fixed camera angles making it difficult to see what was coming and the tank controls making it a frenzied affair trying to escape, RE4 and beyond take away from that in almost every way. RE4 should have been a spin off, not a main series game IMO. Then again I know many would disagree :p.

FWIW I actually enjoyed RE4, but it just wasn't Resident Evil. I enjoyed 5 too, but let's not talk about that :p.

Soldato
Lmao really? 'Ultra HD'?

Get the PC version and mod it with a texture pack, looks better this this garbage.

Edit:

this is what it looked like when I last played it on the PC. Judging from the trailers out so far, it looks like a PS2 port.

B33E0F425E97ACA14418FA29613427CF650A2E27

9164EA3DBF0810E698AE77F9A23EC9BA65F535D6

35366D61CD64CEF44D4E1AE4EACBCA652163FB66

This game is a great example of gameplay over graphics though, just like revelations is.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I enjoyed the Wii version so will pick this up.

Prefer to play it on a PC.

+1

Now they need to release Resident Evil 1-3 on steam which are all available on PC. They just need to make a few changes so can change resolution etc. I played them some years back on my PC and forced AA and they looked a million times better.

Soldato
The problem I have is that Resi 4 (GameCube) was and still is my favourite game of all time, but I just know if I replay it even in glorious HD I'm not going to enjoy it as much as I did and it might spoil my fond memories! I just can't replay games any more haha.

Associate
Capcom will be hoping no-one else does either :rolleyes: it also has the 480P FMV's & 2005 era textures unless Capcom redid them all (unlikely). I think Capcom looked at the still healthy RE4 mod scene on PC & did their own version using the PS2 port as the base.

No way does this need 15GB unless it includes all the different language FMV's (most likely). Its a 3.5GB download on X360 for instance :(

If you look very carefully Capcom have worded the Steam page with very little info at all on the new features (apart from Steam community).

I think this is a shameful cash grab & likely to receive a healthy backlash from the PC community :( (not like Capcom care about PC anymore really anyway). Since Sven left its all gone downhill fast Dead Rising 3 was funded by MS they have not produced anything else worth bothering with IMO.

The RE4 mods here make the base game look very good indeed especially the HDR + hire textures + Gamecube FMV's.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?c=365435
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=1631

Why do you keep mentioning the PS2 version? why would they use that as a base? Capcom can't just "emulate" the PS2 that easily.. The cutscenes on the 360 version are rendered using the ingame engine, as was done in the Gamecube version, so if anything it's based on that codebase with a new backend (Direct3D etc)

Soldato
You still on about the game?

Maybe not the best choice of words but yes, I was definitely talking about the game. :p

I wouldn't even like to know how many hours I spent on it, clearing all the mercenaries mini games at the end etc. I only quit once I'd done everything that could possibly be done. It is one of my favourite games of all time.

Associate
Sounds good to me, haven't played that one in a while.

Started to replay RE2 on Vita but it hasn't aged well looks-wise. Even on the Vita's little screen it looked pretty rough. So if they redo #2 and Veronica I'll be a happy man.

Soldato
Sounds good to me, haven't played that one in a while.

Started to replay RE2 on Vita but it hasn't aged well looks-wise. Even on the Vita's little screen it looked pretty rough. So if they redo #2 and Veronica I'll be a happy man.

I played all 3 original games on the vita also and I also agree. For those to be ported, the character models would need to be done from scratch, as would the lighting system. Quite a lot of work really.

Back
Top Bottom