Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut (with motion controls)

Soldato
We'll have to agree to disagree then i'm afraid, i can see moving the joystick while aiming being pretty easy tbh. Either way you'd only need to use the joystick on one of the wands in this case, therefore the aiming one wouldn't need to be the one for joystick use. Imagine for example using the left handed one as a movement joystick, but if an enemy got close you could then swipe it to attack with your knife.

Try with a TV remote imagine, sitting on the couch pointing the controller up in the air and constantly moving it around in 3d space while trying to move a pretend joystick. Like i said the DS3/mote combo is being used by RE5 others may decide to use 2 motes or even a mote and a PSP with the screen like a vmu!

Soldato
Try with a TV remote imagine, sitting on the couch pointing the controller up in the air and constantly moving it around in 3d space while trying to move a pretend joystick.

Well in that case continue reading and see my example of using two wands, one for movement and quick motion inputs and the other for the precise stuff :p

I've thought about it plenty and i really don't see it an issue, or rather, i see less issues of doing it that way in comparison to holding a DS3 with one hand.

Caporegime
The best thing about that video is that the cursor is not jittering about all over the place. Using the Wii was horrendous - did they fix that via this MotionPlus thing?

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I can't watch the vid at the moment... can anyone tell me if it needs a sensor bar like the Wii?

i think it needs the eye toy or im i thinking of something else.

Edit: Dear god is sony even trying to do any thing original any more.

Last edited:
Soldato
Watching the video, aiming does look fairly cool, but think you'll need the eye toy to make it work?

Can see it could be quite cool, PS3 with its own Wiimote.. lol I dunno about holding the DS3 like that though..... Wouldn't it hurt after a while? I can see a nun chuck style PS3 DS controller being released...

Soldato
OP
Watching the video, aiming does look fairly cool, but think you'll need the eye toy to make it work?

Can see it could be quite cool, PS3 with its own Wiimote.. lol I dunno about holding the DS3 like that though..... Wouldn't it hurt after a while? I can see a nun chuck style PS3 DS controller being released...

The DS3 feels fine holding it in one hand and just using the left side of the controller.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
we all know it only a matter of time before sony releases a copy of Nintendo's Nunchuk to eliminate the problem of how to hold the ds3.

Caporegime
I thought they were supposed to be bringing out a controller that split in half? So, for example, the DS3 would split in half to become two nunchuck things and then connect together back into the DS3.

Associate
Capcom..... biggest milkers in the industry. There is really no need for this version.

The new lines recorded might open up new gameplay parts. We might get to play that mansion bit in the cutscene we see. That might be a purchase if you don't allready own the original.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom