Resident Evil 9 coming January 2025

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
maxresdefault.jpg

Just seen this leak and hopefully rumours are true and it is something more open world :)

Apparently been in development for 7 years.

Will update the thread as more info comes in.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I've not really liked the recent stuff other than the 2 & 3 remake. Never completed 8, just got bored with it.

I can understand that. As much as I enjoyed it. They don't compare to the originals in my book. Not been the same since they went down the RE4 route.

Let's see what they do with this. Hopefully they bit Than the bore fest and we get the original cast back.

Associate
I also didn't get on with 7 and 8 due to the switch to FP, but absolutely loved the remakes of 2, 3, and 4.

I don't know if open world makes a huge amount of sense for this franchise, but we'll see I suppose - happy to be wrong!

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I also didn't get on with 7 and 8 due to the switch to FP, but absolutely loved the remakes of 2, 3, and 4.

I don't know if open world makes a huge amount of sense for this franchise, but we'll see I suppose - happy to be wrong!

I would rather them try then get another Ethan game. Kind of had enough of that now. Try something new and get back the original cast or new cast that gels with the original.

Can't be worse than Resident Evil 6 surely.

Soldato
I would rather them try then get another Ethan game. Kind of had enough of that now. Try something new and get back the original cast or new cast that gels with the original.

Can't be worse than Resident Evil 6 surely.

Something city based with a rookie working under Chris or someone acting as a mentor could be cool.

Slightly different direction, back to an urban setting, healthy involvement from the original cast.

Soldato
I'm not against open world if done right, I mentioned an urban setting earlier and honestly The Division 1 had an awesome setting with heaps of atmosphere.

I'd not be against something along those lines with a good Resi story and theme.

Associate
You cant beat the originals. Not knowing what's in front of you when entering a room. Waiting for the camera change to find out. I appreciate they have to move with the times and mix it up a bit but the recent games are nothing special. Just standard horror adventure.

I do however, like 4 and 5 but they are not on the same level.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
You cant beat the originals. Not knowing what's in front of you when entering a room. Waiting for the camera change to find out. I appreciate they have to move with the times and mix it up a bit but the recent games are nothing special. Just standard horror adventure.

I do however, like 4 and 5 but they are not on the same level.

Would love if they one day they went back to pre rendered backgrounds or if not that maybe do it with RT or something and have fixed camera angles. That added so much to the game imo.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I wouldn't mind seeing Parasite Eve getting a RE:R style treatment either tbh, although that was Square unfortunately so little chance of it.

Yep. Enjoyed that back in the day as a teen. Found that a lot more scary or I should say creepy than Resident Evil. The only thing that ever scares me with RE was in the first game when you see the zombie for the first time. By the time we got to RE2 it was not scary at all, was just fun with some jump scares like the dogs. I was a young teen back then.

Back
Top Bottom