** Resident Evil Village Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
1.jpg

Fear surrounds you in Resident Evil Village, unleashing a new chapter of survival horror on PS5, PS4, XBSX, XB1, and PC on May 7th, 2021.

Steam Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1196590/Resident_Evil_Village/

Reviews:

Trailers:

Last edited:
Associate
I actually have RE 7 on my PC, but havent even tried it yet, got it cheap a while ago, would you say its worth a try ? im more into the original raccoon city trilogy, i would need to go into it with nostalga glasses off, RE 8 i have to be honest and say im not 2 excited, but it will be interesting to see what it will bring with the next gen capabilities

Soldato
RE7 probably my favourite of the lot as played like a proper horror game. I find most of the rest of the series over hyped, aside from RE2 and RE4.

Soldato
Resident Evil peaked with Code Veronica for me, it was downhill from then on.

Although, I'd say 7 is better than 6, I'd even call it a good horror game, but it just doesn't feel like Resident Evil to me. I can't say I'm all that interested in more of the same.

I'm happy enough with the RE2 and RE3 remake, fingers crossed Code Veronica gets the same treatment.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I actually have RE 7 on my PC, but havent even tried it yet, got it cheap a while ago, would you say its worth a try ? im more into the original raccoon city trilogy, i would need to go into it with nostalga glasses off, RE 8 i have to be honest and say im not 2 excited, but it will be interesting to see what it will bring with the next gen capabilities

Yea, if you can take of your nostalgia glasses it is worth playing I would say :D

Like you I am not too excited for RE8, but it being set in a village, if done properly it might be better than RE7.

Resident Evil peaked with Code Veronica for me, it was downhill from then on.

Although, I'd say 7 is better than 6, I'd even call it a good horror game, but it just doesn't feel like Resident Evil to me. I can't say I'm all that interested in more of the same.

I'm happy enough with the RE2 and RE3 remake, fingers crossed Code Veronica gets the same treatment.

Completely agree. Even though I like RE0 and consider it the last true Resident Evil game, it was not as good as Code Veronica.

I really do hope they remake Code Veronica next. I am fine if they just outsource it or something. As long as they take feedback they are seeing into account from RE2 & 3 Remakes, it should be fine.

Caporegime
7 was a good game in itself, no idea why it had the Resident Evil name though - it barely has any connection to the other RE games? Chris at the end and the Umbrella logo on the helicopter, other than that?

I guess for sales but it really could've been called anything.

Soldato
So it seems we will be getting it Q1 2021 and it will be based on Ethan again but this time being mentored by Chris apparently. It will be first person.

Can’t say I am a fan of the Ethan character or any character in Resident Evil 7 so not thrilled with the news. Apparently they were going to make it revelations 3 but as it tested so well they decided to spend more time on it and make it RE8. Wish they stuck with it as Revelations to be honest.

Link

I really liked number 7 and I also liked the characters and thought the game felt very different and had it's own very original style horror game.

I know the story was off topic but the horror feeling was just like what I got when playing number 1 for the first time. Exploring the house with all the hidden doors etc just felt great.

Also that opening cut scene I thought was a video but turned out it was in game graphics impressed me from the start.

The only thing that bothered me about number 7 was that virtual reality was a playstation exclusive, 'for the players' bs.
I would have loved to of play that on my oculus rift.It's pretty sad they sold that feature out to sony.

Hearing that number 8 is coming and they are going to spend more time on it sounds great and Im really looking forward to it.

Im still wanting to play number 3. I like to play resident evil games when I have a friend over and run through and enjoy them together. So with this lock down I havent been in a hurry to buy it, especially since it's £35 for 5 hours.

The name village also sound great hopefully it's quite open with lots to explore. Im really looking forward to it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I really liked number 7 and I also liked the characters and thought the game felt very different and had it's own very original style horror game.

I know the story was off topic but the horror feeling was just like what I got when playing number 1 for the first time. Exploring the house with all the hidden doors etc just felt great.

Also that opening cut scene I thought was a video but turned out it was in game graphics impressed me from the start.

The only thing that bothered me about number 7 was that virtual reality was a playstation exclusive, 'for the players' bs.
I would have loved to of play that on my oculus rift.It's pretty sad they sold that feature out to sony.

Hearing that number 8 is coming and they are going to spend more time on it sounds great and Im really looking forward to it.

Im still wanting to play number 3. I like to play resident evil games when I have a friend over and run through and enjoy them together. So with this lock down I havent been in a hurry to buy it, especially since it's £35 for 5 hours.

The name village also sound great hopefully it's quite open with lots to explore. Im really looking forward to it.
The thing is, I completely agree with what McBain said. I mean maybe they should have called it resident evil revelations 3 or whatever, like a side project.

RE7 was a fun game to play, at least 2/3rd’s of it (got boring once we left the mansion area) but it does not have much replay value for me. Story was not that interesting and the characters so bland. This is why I am not hyped about RE8 as much as I am about remakes. I would much rather have a Code Veronica Remake. That said no doubt I will buy and play it like I did with RE7.

Associate
would like to try VR, but i feel in my small room i would end up breaking stuff, also isnt it quite expensive still for some ? and i dont think i would feel comfortable with a big vr thing on my head, but half life alyx seems to be getting good reviews, immersion wise etc

Soldato
It's a shame you guys didn't get RE7 in VR, as I played through the whole game in VR on PS4 Pro and it was excellent.

Yeah,

I played the game on 50" tv with home cinema sound which a great experience but obviously doesn't compare to a horror game in VR.

Even the most basic of horror games are scary in VR so I can only imagine how great this would have been.

I kept looking and looking for a proper oculus release but it never came. I thought after the 1 year deal they had with sony ended they would release on pc but sadly it never did.

would like to try VR, but i feel in my small room i would end up breaking stuff, also isnt it quite expensive still for some ? and i dont think i would feel comfortable with a big vr thing on my head, but half life alyx seems to be getting good reviews, immersion wise etc

To get the most out of it you need a big space, I cleared about 12 foot by 20 foot in the living room by moving sofas but still could have done with more. Your rooms feel much smaller when you have your eyes shut and start swinging your arms about.

The thing on your head isn't too bad, there is different padding you can buy to make it much more comfortable.

The cost isn't too bad either as long as you already have a gpu powerful enough to run it. They are a lot of fun and games like boxing are great exercise.

The only downsides for me were the wires everywhere and the stomach turning dizzyness.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
RE:7 in VR was excellent, played it through the first time in VR and absolutely loved it. I pretty much bought the PS:VR for that alone and then sold it shortly after as the other big-budget titles were non existent at the time.

Can't wait for 8 and I'm delighted it's first-person again

Soldato
I really enjoyed 7, the worse one in the series is 6.

If I was to rank them I'd go with below

RE2
RE2 Remake
RE1 Remake
Code Veronica X
RE7
RE3
RE4 (over rated imo and start of it's downfall)
RE5
RE6 (0/10 game truly awful!)

I haven't listed zero as I never played it to the end, nor have I picked up Re3 remake to judge it.

If this carries over from 7 and shares some of characters happy days, I did enjoy 7.

I also read Chris is getting another redesign which I do think is dumb guys had enough redesigns!

Revelations I didn't list with it being spin off series but I enjoyed them all :)

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
It's a shame you guys didn't get RE7 in VR, as I played through the whole game in VR on PS4 Pro and it was excellent.
I can imagine. I still enjoyed it as a game for the most part. But still my point stands that it was not much of a Resident Evil game. Still a million times better than Resident Evil 6 though :)

I really enjoyed 7, the worse one in the series is 6.

If I was to rank them I'd go with below

RE2
RE2 Remake
RE1 Remake
Code Veronica X
RE7
RE3
RE4 (over rated imo and start of it's downfall)
RE5
RE6 (0/10 game truly awful!)

I haven't listed zero as I never played it to the end, nor have I picked up Re3 remake to judge it.

If this carries over from 7 and shares some of characters happy days, I did enjoy 7.

I also read Chris is getting another redesign which I do think is dumb guys had enough redesigns!

Revelations I didn't list with it being spin off series but I enjoyed them all :)
You put the RE2 Remake over RE1 Remake? You mad bro? :p

RE2 Remake could have easily had the top spot for me, but they got a bit lazy. At the very least they should have tied together the two playthroughs of Clair and Leon better. They should have at least done it in a way that the things you did in one playthrough would have some soft of impact on the other. Plus they changed to much for the worse imo.

Maybe he mangled his hand when he punched that boulder in RE5....:D
Hah! :D

Soldato
There just aren't enough games like Resident Evil and The Evil Within around anymore so I'm delighted with the news. I even enjoyed RE6 and am playing through RE5 co-op with a friend for the 4th time. Ah, Sheva... :D

Soldato
There just aren't enough games like Resident Evil and The Evil Within around anymore so I'm delighted with the news. I even enjoyed RE6 and am playing through RE5 co-op with a friend for the 4th time. Ah, Sheva... :D
The only way you could have enjoyed 6 is if you didn't play 6 and or you were very drunk at the time! :p

Soldato
The only way you could have enjoyed 6 is if you didn't play 6 and or you were very drunk at the time! :p
Well to be fair, it was the first game I bought when I got my first PC. I hadn't played a game for about 15 years so I didn't realise at the time just how awkward it was. I did go back to it a couple of years later and couldn't put up with dodgy camera angles and controls so I guess at the time I just didn't know any better!

Back
Top Bottom