** Resident Evil Village Thread **

Man of Honour
Might have some time to whir it up this evening, at last!

Most important settings graphics wise? I saw there are some “FX1 + 2” settings that dramatically improve performance… but do they kill the visuals?

Basically, if there is any setting that is deffo worth turning on for performance increases at 4k, let me know.

Hoping to hit 90fps solid with the 3090 which I’m pretty sure is doable.

Cheers!

Permabanned

Most important settings graphics wise? I saw there are some “FX1 + 2” settings that dramatically improve performance… but do they kill the visuals?

Basically, if there is any setting that is deffo worth turning on for performance increases at 4k, let me know.

Cheers!
It has some presets:
  • Recommended – sets all options automatically based on the available video memory in your graphics card. It takes up 5.78GB but doesn’t necessarily select the best settings.
  • Prioritise performance – switches ray tracing off and reduces demand without sacrificing image quality. This is for those of you experiencing frame rate issues or running a GPU that has 4GB of VRAM or under.
  • Balanced – middle-of-the-run, balances graphics and performance, recommending 4-8GB of video memory. Sets VRAM to 4.82GB.
  • Prioritise graphics – image quality is top dog, minus ray tracing. It uses 5.78GB.
  • Ray tracing – this is demanding and only for those with a compatible graphics card. It fills 5.71 GB and has a dramatic impact on frame rate.
  • Max – cranks all the options as high as they’ll go. It doesn’t recommend a specific amount of video memory, but pushes 12.212GB, which is higher than most graphics cards on the market.
But you can customise of course.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP

Cheers!

Turn off hairworks or whatever it is called and maybe RT as that is only for water apparently? Rest maximum.

Oh and if you have an Nvidia card do yourself a favour and watch YouTube video that shows you have to get DLSS working. It is very easy and boy is it much better than the crap they shipped as FSR.

Permabanned
Such a better game in third person, forgot it had Mercenaries too, never played that or the DLC.. yet.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

image.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thanks team for the graphics tips - started my game on hardcore... definitely did not make it through the village scene on my first go :D

Just been messing around through the windmill area and calling it a night for now.

I LOVE the snack hunting... get those snacks and treats! Find them!

I can tell I'm going to be in heaven with this one :)

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Thanks team for the graphics tips - started my game on hardcore... definitely did not make it through the village scene on my first go :D

Just been messing around through the windmill area and calling it a night for now.

I LOVE the snack hunting... get those snacks and treats! Find them!

I can tell I'm going to be in heaven with this one :)

I think you are posting in the wrong thread bud. This is the Village thread :p

Caporegime
Loaded the game, nearly chucked up... I HATE LOW FOV in any GAME! :(

So I found this and sorted it

download the zipfile from their github page

download the RE8.zip file

inside you will find a file called dinput8.dll

just dump that into the folder where you installed resident evil 8 ,
in my case it was in : \steamapps\common\Resident Evil Village BIOHAZARD VILLAGE

you can use steam to jump to that folder:
go to library , right click on the game , select manage > Browse local game files

just run the game and you will see a tiny menu pop up on the left , you can look for a section called Camera , inside you will find the FOV settings for normal and when aiming with a weapon

Associate
Turn off hairworks or whatever it is called and maybe RT as that is only for water apparently? Rest maximum.

Oh and if you have an Nvidia card do yourself a favour and watch YouTube video that shows you have to get DLSS working. It is very easy and boy is it much better than the **** they shipped as FSR.
I've tried all sorts, can't get it to show dlss in the pop up, is there a video you could link to, thanks

Back
Top Bottom