Responsibility for letterbombs claimed - 4/5 Found

Soldato
I'd imagine in this day and age with all that has gone on in the last 20 years and with all todays tech these people are 'gonna get it big time'. They will search under every peeble to find them, Glasgow University! that's hardly a political target!

Back in the old days, 70's/80's even 90's it was very difficult to work out who was who, they needed moles, double agents etc, nowadays everything is tapped and monitored.

Caporegime
If it was a Muslim attack there would have been and 100+ page thread within no time. Yet this has been ignored, strange eh.

Nobody was hurt. Most news sites have only just reported on it being attributed to the IRA. Tell you what, go through the bbc website and find every single muslim arrested for terror offences. Then tell me if there's a new thread for each one of those. Maybe then you'll have a point.

Soldato
Why surprised?
Back then it was actually quite well known.
Little was really done about it though, as NI basically gave us a live training ground on our doorstep without needing to teach soldiers to speak much in the way of foreign languages.

You speak like somebody who was involved, how do you know this?

Soldato
Lived through it, served during it.
I may be speaking slightly cynically about the live training ground thing, but certainly a lot of key people were known and it could all have been taken down with a few rounds to the backs of the heads of blokes-on-their-knees in remote, deserted farmyard stables late at night... As is, that did occasionally happen when one of those blokes stepped over the line too far, but the head sheds were forever seeking the most politically favourable courses of action... but then, it was also suggested that Sinn Fein are entirely run and controlled by MI5, MI6, Special Branch and the Home Secretary's poodle, anyway. :p

From the description, I get the impression these were either just meant to be gentle reminders that the IRA are still watching from the shadows, waiting to strike.... or this was the best they could manage with the money they'd saved up from their paper rounds and bob-a-job weekends!! :D

In that case do you not see why they are so filled with hate if that kind of thing was going on, knocking people off in sheds etc, that's what the mafia do?

Caporegime
Why surprised?
I've long expected some New/Real/Provisional/Genuine/Original/Neo/Pseudo IRA response to Brexit. Comes as no surprise whatsoever.

Yeah they don't seem to have confirmed which version of the IRA was responsible, though I guess perhaps some of the code words are known among several groups... so if someone phones up and says "we've sent a bomb to Waterloo station, code word: potato" then they don't really know if it is INLA, PIRA, RIRA, CIRA, I can't believe it's not the IRA etc...

If it was a Muslim attack there would have been and 100+ page thread within no time. Yet this has been ignored, strange eh.

LOL straight in there with the whataboutery... might be better to say "Islamist attack" than "muslim attack" tho...

Nobody was hurt. Most news sites have only just reported on it being attributed to the IRA. Tell you what, go through the bbc website and find every single muslim arrested for terror offences. Then tell me if there's a new thread for each one of those. Maybe then you'll have a point.

What, don't bring sensible comments in here, we want some more outrage/whataboutery. Seemingly Sigma just wants to bring up Muslims because an attempt at a terror attack has occurred... that seems somewhat unfair on muslims.

Soldato
Yeah they don't seem to have confirmed which version of the IRA was responsible, though I guess perhaps some of the code words are known among several groups... so if someone phones up and says "we've sent a bomb to Waterloo station, code word: potato" then they don't really know if it is INLA, PIRA, RIRA, CIRA, I can't believe it's not the IRA etc...

LOL straight in there with the whataboutery... might be better to say "Islamist attack" than "muslim attack" tho...

What, don't bring sensible comments in here, we want some more outrage/whataboutery. Seemingly Sigma just wants to bring up Muslims because an attempt at a terror attack has occurred... that seems somewhat unfair on muslims.

Didn’t the mods have to close threads in the past because people would state lol religion of peace etc as soon as something happened but was unconfirmed? Surprised there wasn’t anything like that when this happened.

It’s almost as people are playing down the fact that several bombs were sent. I find it a bit bizzare.

Unsure what you’re on about regarding outrage. You’re one of the very players who creates such threads with your RSS updates, I’m surprised you didn’t create one about the bombs.

Whatever the cause, It’s not a good thing is it? Or is it fine because they didn’t go off :confused:

Back
Top Bottom