Restoration - Range Rover CSK 1991 No. 120

Soldato
Great work. I was impressed when I heard my mate was welding trampoline parts onto his Disco so it could pass the MOT.
How long did it all take?

Permabanned
That's fantastic, I wanted to do the exact same restoration back when I was at Uni - I'm glad I didn't now seeing how much work was involved!

Man of Honour
Very impressed. It takes a lot to carry on when things bog down and get difficult.

Did you get someone else to do the engine work for you?

How many hours do you think it took start to finish?

Soldato
Looking mean on the black wheels. :cool:

I like threads like this - all the resto info in one lump, so no disappointment of a few pictures of progress here and there, and nothing for months/years/ever again.

Well done. :)

TFC

TFC

Associate
Superb job, been there years ago with a Wolesley 1500, MkII Cortina x2 and a Mini, all were hard work but worth it.
Yours is without doubt worth it and very well done.

Associate
OP
In response to a few questions, in no particular order;

I started working on this back in February, I'm not sure how you define finished when it comes to something like this. I've got a Series 3 V8 Land Rover in the garage that despite being on the road for the past 2 years I wouldn't define as finished (That'd be the subject of a different thread!). It passed the MOT on 25th of August but was by no means finished. Still isn't really, I need to fit the rest of the LPG kit and tidy up the audio install.

Man hours is a difficult thing to try and calculate, I spent a good deal of weekends doing 14+ hour days so at a rough guess I'm going to say around 720 hours of labour plus time spent sourcing parts/cleaning seats and doing research.

All the work was done by myself and my father, I learnt most of what I know from him and also from a several year stint I did building production plant in a mine.

He gave advice and spent a good deal of his time to speed the process along, also the use of his land and garage were invaluable. Much better equipped garage and a 4-post.

I don't plan to leave that engine in there for long, I hope to build a slightly bigger unit based on a 4.6 block, that's a different story though. For now I plan to drive it and enjoy it :)

Thanks for the interest and kind replies, I'll try and find some time to put a thread for my last build, a 1984 land rover with a 3.9 rover V8 if people want?

Going to pick it up tonight from my Dads yard, I'll try and get some photos and update this thread with any further progress.

Back
Top Bottom