Restoration - Range Rover CSK 1991 No. 120

I've put a fair few miles on the CSK in the past month and had a few teething problems to resolve, the major one being fuel starvation that seemed to be getting a lot worse.

I know when bringing the CSK back up from its place of purchase I'd suffered a similar issue so I wasn't convinced it was a fuel delivery problem but since fitting LPG (more on this shortly) it was certainly running fine on a different fuel.

Yesterday I decided to buy a new fuel pump from DLS, £26 seemed a good price and a good place to start. I took the old pump out the tank only to find the bottom of it caked in some sort of fiber matted around the filter. Great.

I had a look inside the tank;

2011-10-05%25252017.41.28.jpg

After fishing all the pieces out with a salad spoon (popular choice of tool I'm sure) I refitted the old pump. Runs well now :)

In other news, the LPG is fitted and seems to perform well enough. I need to make a lead to talk with the ECU for the AG SGi system, see what settings I can tinker with.

I also spent the best past of last Saturday emptying two large cans of waxoyl into the chassis/body and spraying underneath, ready for winter!

I've also won two 2-door rear wings on ebay so a trip to Lincolnshire is on the cards in the next few days.

Cheers, the crap turned out out to be a fag packet, Windsor Blues. No idea where that came from, can't have come in through the filler as it has a mesh to stop that. Guessing it's been in there a while given the reluctance to rev on the way up. Teach me to not flush the tank!

Cheers, the crap turned out out to be a fag packet, Windsor Blues. No idea where that came from, can't have come in through the filler as it has a mesh to stop that. Guessing it's been in there a while given the reluctance to rev on the way up. Teach me to not flush the tank!

Mental images of someone trying to blow your Landy up with a cig in the tank but throwing the pack in by accdient "FFFFFFFFFU, screw it, not throwing away my last cig to blow this guys car up"

:D

Mental images of someone trying to blow your Landy up with a cig in the tank but throwing the pack in by accdient "FFFFFFFFFU, screw it, not throwing away my last cig to blow this guys car up"

:D

Haha, yeah, I hope not though :mad:

Cheers people, I'll keep updating as I do little bits here and there.

Just been out and got the offroader MOT'd for the winter, perhaps I'll write a thread for that too :)

Wow epic job well done. from a fellow CSK owner.

However mine is not what you call standard which really gets to some RR fans and ive not kept ontop of the rust on mine, well only the chassis my tailgate and bonnet are well gone now.

I was lucky and the last owner of mine did what you have just done but also changed some parts. This has meant its ok underneath meaning its got lots of life in it yet after i tackle the cosmetics side.

PS what wheels and tyre size are they?

Wow epic job well done. from a fellow CSK owner.

However mine is not what you call standard which really gets to some RR fans and ive not kept ontop of the rust on mine, well only the chassis my tailgate and bonnet are well gone now.

I was lucky and the last owner of mine did what you have just done but also changed some parts. This has meant its ok underneath meaning its got lots of life in it yet after i tackle the cosmetics side.

PS what wheels and tyre size are they?

Hi there :)

Which number CSK do you own and what's non-standard about it?

The wheels are 18" ET25 Black Sport wheels from Silverline, bolt straight to the hub, no need for adaptors. Tyres are 255/55/18 Cooper Zeon XST, nice and quiet on the road and seem to have plenty of grip.

Got any photos of your CSK then?

LPG for the win! its funny seeing a 4x4 wafting along being kinder to the environment than a Prius XD

The work on this looks very high quality, nice job :)

Just epic. I have a lot of respect for the time, effort and skill that goes into something like that!

Have you sent some pictures to the original owner - maybe with you smoking a cigar in the front seat :p

Hi taske, i will sort some pics out tonight and load them up. Mine is number 172 and has had the rear cut off! Its like a pickup now but still looks good. Im running 17" alloys but they have corroded now so i was interested in what else is out there.

I have replaced the front seats with bucket seats to save wieght and some engine mods to keep it pushing along.

Will post later.

Back
Top Bottom