Retro console and games thread

Soldato
I haven't the link at hand but a YouTube video posted here recommends a similar product (not sure if it's the same one)

It was £22 but on sale down from 49.99 at the time. So far it's doing well, games look crisp enough I don't really know too much about the ins and outs unfortunately but for me it's exactly what I was after. Not sure I would try it for £50 but at £20ish it was worth a punt

Associate
Haha, SEGA thinks they're Nintendo with that pricing.

Give it a few weeks, price will plummet on that mini-Megadrive.

It's ATGames...they've got a history of producing Sega nostalgia systems with generally poor reviews. If Sega really cared about this they'd do it themselves, and do it properly. Oh for the Kalinske days!

Associate
It's ATGames...they've got a history of producing Sega nostalgia systems with generally poor reviews. If Sega really cared about this they'd do it themselves, and do it properly. Oh for the Kalinske days!

i have one of the mega drive systems, its shocking, the sound is terrible, the infrared on the controllers is shocking to say the least and the general emulation isnt great

Caporegime
i have one of the mega drive systems, its shocking, the sound is terrible, the infrared on the controllers is shocking to say the least and the general emulation isnt great

AT Games supposedly have claimed that the emulation has changed, sound issues will be resolved and the controllers won't be infrared on the new HD mini megadrive

on the other hand it seems they'll still fill half of it up with crappy filler games, god knows why they feel the need to do this as Nintendo managed fine with the new mini and future snes without this sort of nonsense

I doubt it will face any of the same stock problems so I reckon I'll wait until the reviews come out

Associate
So I got my Scart to HDMI converter and to be honest it's not a massive difference but I think it was still a worthwhile purchase as it fixes the aspect ratio on the N64 for the larger TV :)

Straight to TV;
20292806_10154802860871966_6077684949283052501_n.jpg

Via converter;
20374647_10154802860876966_5779653024284567270_n.jpg

Penguin top left shows the real improvement mind :p

Last edited:
Associate
So I unearthed a pristine copy of Legend of Dragoon from my mum's house the other day.

Reckon I should sell it? Seems to go for a lot on eBay. It actually turns out I have quite a few rare games at home.

Soldato
After a bit of advice really. I have a raspberry pi3 with retro pi installed. I've used it a handful of times and have decided to sell so want to put it on MM. I'd imagine that's allowed? Or would I be best selling it as a raspberry pi 3 with nothing on it? Not trying to make money based on what's on it just want to move the unit on really.they are great, I just don't really need it after all

Back
Top Bottom