Retro console and games thread

Associate
Once a week I'll be streaming ZX Spectrum games and posting them on YouTube. Even though the ZX Spectrum is a home computer I was directed here & I see C64 talk above… this the right place?

Underboss
ive been banned from amibay even before thay accepted me ?

Dear shiwarrior,

Unfortunately, there appears to be a problem with your registration details, therefore it has not been possible to activate your Amibay.com Forum account. If you believe that this is an error, or you need some assistance with registration, please contact [email protected] with a brief message and we will be in touch.

Thanks,

AmiBay Administration

Man of Honour
Completed my PAL disk based HD remakes collection for PS3. The only one missing from the picture is Doom BFG, which a friend has borrowed.

Dead Space 2 has a HD remake of Dead Space Extraction on the Wii.
Doom BFG was a HD version of the original Xbox game.
No More Heroes and House of the Dead Overkill were also Wii remakes.
Tekken Hybrid contains a remake of Tekken Tag Tournement 2
Under Defeat HD was a Dreamcast remake

Most of the rest are Playstation 2 remakes.

And while rearranging some stuff I got the impression I like 2D shooters.

Looking to add Robo Aleste for the Mega CD, Zanac X Zanac for the PS1 and Thunder Force VI for PS2. Then maybe calling it a day.

https://flic.kr/p/S4xfML

https://flic.kr/p/S4xfML

Last edited:
Underboss
i didn't realise they made wii remakes on the PS3

i knew this was going to happen, put a bid on a NES last night, and it ended early afternoon when i was in work, lost it by £2 !

looks pretty clean, had 7 games, 5 NES pads and a quickshot joystick

Soldato
Nice Barmy!

I keep meaning to try some shooters of this style as it's a genre I've never delved to far into except modern stuff like Stardust HD etc

I believe you once recommended Thunder force on the MD so maybe I'll start there

Soldato
GUYS NEED HELP

Just looking on the bay for Double Dragon Megadrive and noticed that some say that they are "repros"? how do you tell ?

if this a repro or the original ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/double-dr...899690?hash=item2a7bfe736a:g:xCwAAOSw4CFYsdoe

thanks

I've always been concerned about this too. I guess as this looks like it's aged and the box looks legit that it should be fine?

I'm no expert though and wouldn't mind knowing if there's any obvious tells. I don't know if they reproduce the box like that though, seems real to me but again I haven't a clue :D

I have seen some N64 boxes been reproduced and it says so on the back of the box usually where the bar code would be

Man of Honour
I've only had experience with Mega Drive reproduction games and it's pretty easy to tell them apart

If you buy on eBay and it turns out to be fake, then return under item not as described.

If you're buying face to face then the pictures I've uploaded will help. I strongly suggest buying a set of security bit drivers so you can open the cartridge up, because the reproduction boards will fit in an original cartridge. Or check the PCB thickness, the reproduction tends to be thicker.

Original

Repro

Original, some games have a single chip on them depending on the size of the game.

Repro

Man of Honour
Cartridge labels don't overlap the split on MD games so you couldn't tell if a fake PCB was in an original cartridge that way.

But I have seen original blank MD cartridge shells for sale on eBay in the past. So a shady seller could stick a fake PCB in an original shell with a reproduction label and it would look pretty authentic.

Like I said the best way is to open it up. That's the only way to be 100% sure. But the fake PCB is usually thicker, so you don't always need to open it up to tell.

Back
Top Bottom