Retro console and games thread

Soldato
I bought a really cheap little game storage shelf off Amazon as I had some stuff stacked. Less than 40 quid and easy to assemble and works well, nice little details like a latch to hold it to the wall behind. I have put it in an alcove which leads into my office, perfect temporary job until chippy gets to work building my office aka man cave.
Got a link for that, if they do it in white it seems exactly what Im looking for

Soldato
Ha! Just had a delivery from the postie. I nabbed The Sopranos off ebay a few days ago from Music Magpie for £2 summat pence with free delivery.

Just opened it up. Mint condition case, mint condition manual, mint condition disc... and in the case and 8MB official Sony memory card in blue.

Made my day that has.

Soldato
My parents came to visit me and brought up a box full of "rubbish" from their house. On having a rummage through I found my old Game Boy! Surprisingly it still works although one line of pixels on the screen doesn't show but considering it hasn't been used in about 20 years I don't think it's too bad going.
Kx6LDP1l.jpg

Soldato
Ordered Tactics ogre for PSP from CEX Ages ago. They eventually cancelled the order as it went out of stock. This week I checked back and they had 1 copy again so ordered it and to my surprise I received a special edition with art book and soundtrack for £10.

Can't wait to try it out

IMG_-cb9cgn.jpg

Man of Honour
Always been a Nintendo portable person really. Just seemed perfect for me. So, naturally I've just picked up cheap as hell red psp 3000 and a few games and accessories.
From a few hours fiddling, the battery is shot so I'll need to replace that, but it's a competent portable gaming machine. It's aimed at a totally different segment than the DS. It's more serious. Which does mean that it's less fun the the DS

Need to pop open the 4gb hdd that it came with to see what's inside and if it can be swapped for something... larger.

Got my eye on a PspGo/Vita combo locally too. Not sure about that though.

Man of Honour
No hard drive in the psp. The memory stick can be replaced with a micro sd and an adaptor though.

I pulled my psp out the other day, hosed :( keeps shutting down. It's not the battery, it does it plugged in without a battery as well. Sad times!

One of the accessories I got was the Datel Max 4gb hard drive and battery. Hoping the batteries in the pack are standard as then it'll be a nice extended battery. HDD works, but it's a small 1" microdrive inside and apparently can be swapped for a compact flash card. May try one of the 64gb CF cards I've got around in it once I crack it open.

Soldato
My parents came to visit me and brought up a box full of "rubbish" from their house. On having a rummage through I found my old Game Boy! Surprisingly it still works although one line of pixels on the screen doesn't show but considering it hasn't been used in about 20 years I don't think it's too bad going.
Kx6LDP1l.jpg
Thats a fairly easy fix mate. Check youtube for guides!

Back
Top Bottom