Soldato
I have favourite games on all different formats. Weirdly Target Renegade is one of those games I like on both Spectrum and C64 for massively different reasons (two player on Spectrum but the 'feel' was better on the C64). Robin of the Wood I preferred on the Spectrum.

I didn't really participate in the Spectrum vs C64 as I thought they were both fantastic machines. I need to get hold of a Spectrum to go with my C64 and Amigas :)

M.

Associate
OP
Tbh the Speccy vs C64 debate was probably at its core a class thing were I was… people could just about afford Speccies at £175 but if you had a C64 which cost about £400 it meant you were loaded so evil! :) ! Of course Commodore UK temporarily have the last laugh with the Amiga; great hardware, great price, and a great OS which. It is so sad that their US management seemed to have as much business sense as Sir Clive.

I still play Amiga games too using WinUAE & my transcoded ROM. Unfortunately, my actual A1200 is pretty much on its last legs & suffers from a red screen of death. My favourite game was A-Train, spent hours playing that and was always somewhat annoyed that you couldn't turn off the victory conditions etc.

Associate
I ended up paying extra for the top of the range ZX spectrum next accelerated edition. It comes with 1Mb ram, wifi, RTC, and a raspberry pi zero added as an accelerator board.
They have added a SID chip for sound (my speccy is part C64!). With the stretch goals all being reached on kickstarter, £720,000 raised, all kinds of extras have been added including a new Dizzy game made by the Oliver brothers and various other games being made and re-made for the speccy next utilising the extra power. They upgraded the FPGA chip which can, in theory, be made to run as virtually any 8 bit machine.

People have asked me why i am getting one and why not just buy a second hand original. I would say that i just like tinkering with stuff and this is kind of an ultimate tinkering machine.

Soldato
Tbh the Speccy vs C64 debate was probably at its core a class thing were I was… people could just about afford Speccies at £175 but if you had a C64 which cost about £400 it meant you were loaded so evil! :) !
wow is that how much a C64 cost!
i almost feel guilty about my parents getting me one, almost.

Associate
OP
including a new Dizzy game made by the Oliver brothers and various other games being made and re-made for the speccy next utilising the extra power.
Hopefully it goes back to its Treasure Island/Fantasy World routes. Really gutted their kickstarter, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theolivertwins/dizzy-returns/posts/367677 , for a modern version didn't take off but as I only heard about it due to its cancellation I suspect there was a market for it if they had a better campaign.

People have asked me why i am getting one and why not just buy a second hand original. I would say that i just like tinkering with stuff and this is kind of an ultimate tinkering machine.
100% get that. & hell, it's always good to support someone doing something relatively unique like this if you can. I certainly would.

wow is that how much a C64 cost!
i almost feel guilty about my parents getting me one, almost.

That's £1,295.51 in today's money btw! :eek: For the speccy it is £566.78 so basically it was half the price which explains why it was such a big hit. Still resulted in half my estate owing money to doorstep loan sharks like! But it was such an amazing machine I could live without clothes, food, or heating for a while! :)

Soldato
I dont mean for this to sound bad, but i literally cant understand a word your saying.

Prime example: Fued.

Its like your speaking without teeth.

Dont take this as an insult, just constructive feedback. Try to speak a bit clearer for your audience.

Soldato
Anyway, like I say, these are my first two proper streams so if anyone is interested then feel free to check them out, comment, criticise, praise, etc.

Thanks for the feedback but unless you are willing to pay me I'm not changing my accent or the way I speak. It's not my job to make YouTube videos :)

Just giving you some constructive criticism that's all bud. Be more enjoyable for a wider audience with some slight change to your pacing of speech and pronunciations etc. that's all.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom