Return of girl power...

I don't really get the point of this. They were very much a teenage girl thing, in fact I was 12 when they released their first single, and everyone I knew loved them (because they were "cool"). I can't really see anyone I knew as a teenager wanting to see the Spice Girls now, as 20+ adults.

sid said:
yup all bones and silicone lol

Fixxed;). Have to say Sporty doesnt scrub up too bad now..she looks much better without them stupid tracksuit bottoms she used to wear. Scary still looks scary though:p. Baby looks kinda fat but then shes having a baby but shes always been a bit chubby. Posh is just...well no words can describe that skinny monstrosity. The fact she stayed with Beckham after he had an affair just proves that she has absolutely **** all talent. As for Ginger??, she looks....ummm ginger as ever:p....in fact she looks a lot more scarier than Scary herself.

Personally if i can get tickets then ill be taking a high powered sniper riflle along as well...might as well put a bullet in their heads:p...but seriously i wouldnt go if someone paid me to go.

Vixen said:
I don't really get the point of this. They were very much a teenage girl thing, in fact I was 12 when they released their first single, and everyone I knew loved them (because they were "cool"). I can't really see anyone I knew as a teenager wanting to see the Spice Girls now, as 20+ adults.

I would have said that that would apply to Take That far more than Spice Girls and look at how succesful their comeback has been.

marc2003 said:

Your saying you wouldnt even "hit it" ? .... i would... in a heartbeat.

mel_c_300_225x300.jpg

Her voice would drive me away quicker than her looks.

Can we rename them all now that they are older? Ugly, frumpy, milfy, druggy and bones.

escape sanity said:
I would have said that that would apply to Take That far more than Spice Girls and look at how succesful their comeback has been.

Teenage girls liked Take That because they were attracted to them. They liked the Spice Girls because that was the music to listen to back then. Mid-20s women are far more likely to be attracted to early 30s men than still like what was cool in the 90s :p.

I cant believe it..

All we need now is Boyzone and we can have a 90s megamix world tour!!

Be hideous.. but hilarious at the same time.. Would love to goto one of their shows hammered

Vixen said:
Teenage girls liked Take That because they were attracted to them. They liked the Spice Girls because that was the music to listen to back then. Mid-20s women are far more likely to be attracted to early 30s men than still like what was cool in the 90s :p.

True enough I guess but I think you underestimate the power of nostalgia. Pop is still reasonably popular and the Spice Girls were the biggest pop band of the 90s and hade huge numbers of fans all over the world who still remember those days. Modern day Take That have neither the most attractive looks or the coolest image around, they are succesful purely because of nostalgia.

And lemonkettaz, I think Boyzone have already confirmed that they will be making a comeback but not this year. Spice Girls, All Saints, Steps, Boyzone and Take That touring together... where do I get tickets?

escape sanity said:
And lemonkettaz, I think Boyzone have already confirmed that they will be making a comeback but not this year. Spice Girls, All Saints, Steps, Boyzone and Take That touring together... where do I get tickets?

OMFG!!!

I'M THERE!!! DEFINITELY THERE... good few drinks beforehand.. best show ever

Back
Top Bottom