£££ RETURN OF THE SAPPHIRE VEGA 56 & 64 DEAL WITH THREE FREE GAMES!! £££

Associate
Would the V56 be much of an upgrade over a 980ti? I'm looking to downsize to a smaller case and my 980ti is too long to fit comfortably, so I was thinking of selling it and grabbing one of these.

Soldato
You're running your V64 on under 1v? I could get mine to do that on power saving bios (+50%), but wasn't sure about stability.

Was (900-950-975, played with it), but not anymore. Stability was as good or better than stock. I don't think the settings worked properly enough though, chip watts reported were still in the 200ish range when fully stressed.

Would the V56 be much of an upgrade over a 980ti? I'm looking to downsize to a smaller case and my 980ti is too long to fit comfortably, so I was thinking of selling it and grabbing one of these.

Marginal upgrade tbh. Quite better for DX12/Vulkan titles, but otherwise not a big difference at all.

OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK Staff
OP

A small improvement, good review here:
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3445-evga-gtx-1660-ti-xc-review-benchmark

You can see Vega 56 comfortably beats 1660Ti and 980Ti in pretty much all games, once overclocked it pulls even further ahead of say an overclocked 980Ti or 1660Ti.

Vega 56 and 2060 are true competitors which trade blows, with Vega 56 being cheaper and having more VRAM.

Vega 64 is now typically a true 1080 beater and rivals 2070, again costing less.

Vega 7 is a 1080Ti and 2080 competitor and again typically cost less.

Soldato
stupid question can I install the games on an Nvidia system it says AMD card not detected, I'm putting the Vega GPU in my VR PC not my main gaming one. or will it give me game codes afters its detected a valid card

Associate
Now in stock:

MSI Radeon RX VEGA 56 Air Boost OC 8GB HBM2 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £248.99 inc VAT

Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8G OC, Core Clock: 1181MHz, Boost Clock: 1520MHz, Memory: 8192MB 800MHz HBM2, Stream Processors: 3584, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, GCN, 2 Year Warranty.

Only £248.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

This was my choice. Superb deal, and one I was more than happy to jump on!

Reference coolers may not be popular, but this one I like. It's actually not as loud as I first expected.

Associate
Was (900-950-975, played with it), but not anymore. Stability was as good or better than stock. I don't think the settings worked properly enough though, chip watts reported were still in the 200ish range when fully stressed.

Marginal upgrade tbh. Quite better for DX12/Vulkan titles, but otherwise not a big difference at all.

A small improvement, good review here:
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3445-evga-gtx-1660-ti-xc-review-benchmark

You can see Vega 56 comfortably beats 1660Ti and 980Ti in pretty much all games, once overclocked it pulls even further ahead of say an overclocked 980Ti or 1660Ti.

Vega 56 and 2060 are true competitors which trade blows, with Vega 56 being cheaper and having more VRAM.

Vega 64 is now typically a true 1080 beater and rivals 2070, again costing less.

Vega 7 is a 1080Ti and 2080 competitor and again typically cost less.

Thanks for the replies. I think I’ll hold off for now and save a bit more for a higher tier card.

Soldato
Opened mine last night. quite impressed with the build quality, i thought that pulse frame work on the rear would be plastic but its solid metal. Power sockets are a bit awkward. but i just needed to thread the cables through a closer grommet. I may have to go back to horizontal .. theres between 5 and 10mm between the fans and the glass.

Jpj1E0W.jpg

The Fan shroud was protected with a layer of film
VDjWQTE.jpg

i dont know how people take decent pics of the PCs to show the lighting but in reality it looks nothing like the below. If you look on saphire website it shows the fans with LEDs i think that was just artistic license , the only LED is the pulse logo on the top of the card
L2yXIq4.jpg

Soldato
having some issues with this. the TV display keeps going on and off whilst on the desktop, occasionally with a solid green screen. Also crashed my vive completely a couple of times and had to hard reboot, wiped all the room config as well. this didnt happen with my GTX 970. I had already uninstalled anything Nvidia. can it still eave anything else behind that might cause issues

Associate
having some issues with this. the TV display keeps going on and off whilst on the desktop, occasionally with a solid green screen. Also crashed my vive completely a couple of times and had to hard reboot, wiped all the room config as well. this didnt happen with my GTX 970. I had already uninstalled anything Nvidia. can it still eave anything else behind that might cause issues
Mine was doing this coming form a 1080 i just used windows 10 refresh/wipe and it stopped doing it.

Associate

Yup, I tried all the DDU safe mode stuff as well but i still had to re-install to solve the same problem. Sanctify your pc and purge the evil green monster forever! Clean install windows and you'll be good.

oap

oap

Associate
Got a pulse 56, including extras from ocuk, very nice quality and fast graphics etc as per usual with ati, even with tweaks etc it is a 'noisy' card as per my olde 290, faster better than my nano though just not sure its worth the extra noise as not a lot of options out there for custom cooling :p

Associate
Got a pulse 56, including extras from ocuk, very nice quality and fast graphics etc as per usual with ati, even with tweaks etc it is a 'noisy' card as per my olde 290, faster better than my nano though just not sure its worth the extra noise as not a lot of options out there for custom cooling :p
You must be unlucky or I have been lucky. My pulse is quiet! Even after a couple of hours of gaming. When not gaming the fans don’t even spin

oap

oap

Associate
Fan 1 on mine spins from start up and never stops, even after playing in 'wattman'.
Just bad luck by the looks of it am going to stick a Morpheus on it and see how it sounds. Still more than happy with the upgrade though :)

Update, removed cover on card and one of the fan splitter cables had come loose, so the other fan was running at double speed, reconnected other fan and now enjoying the peace :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom