Return to Monkey Island

Soldato
I wasnt a fan of the art style but its ok when u play it and not see it in video clips, the faces tho i do wish wernt black eye and sharp angles. But after 10 mins its not too bad, the more facial animations for it kinda helps bypass the bits im not fond of. Had a play so far about a hour and a bit, not too bad, seems like a monkey island game to me.

Associate
I'm really enjoying it so far (just approaching the end of Act 1). I don't mind the visuals but to be honest it recaptures the charm and humour of the first two so well I've not even given the visuals a second thought.

Associate
Do you need to have completed the originals to "get this"? It's been so long I can't remember what it was about!
There's a lot of call-backs to previous episodes that may not make much sense if you haven't played previous games (and I didn't play beyond the first bits of the third game) but it doesn't dwell on them too much. There's a scrapbook you can access from the title menu that will give you a VERY condensed history.

Associate
Do you need to have completed the originals to "get this"? It's been so long I can't remember what it was about!
I've only just started playing, but there is a "scrapbook" thing that talks you through whats happened already, and the tutorial bit I've played so far seems to pick up right at the moments the 2nd game ended. But I suspect thats just the tutorial

Permabanned
Never knew this was out, one of the first adventure games I played on my Amiga 500, always thought some of the puzzles were a bit obscure, but the games were deffo not linier, you had to skip back and forth at times, quite clever programing and design for back then, lots of atmosphere too, very tempted.

Back
Top Bottom