US: Rick & Morty

Caporegime
Well, balls. Missed this on free to air. There were no ads for it at all.

Anyway it's only available *with* an Amazon Prime subscription *and* you need to pay £20 for the season?

WTF are they smoking? £80 for a Prime subscription and you still need to pay £20 to watch Rick and Morty? LOL, the actual ****?

Thanks, but no.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I enjoyed episode 8 for the most part. The end of it cracked me up like old R&M used to.

In general though they have disappeared up their own arses and its all got a bit too meta. The "hardcore" fans will no doubt lap it up and explain how funny everything is to people who no longer "get it" while everyone else is realising that its just not funny anymore. Its clever but its not funny most of the time. I think they are also trying to poke fun at the toxic fans R&M has but those people won't realise that and will just lap it up.

Soldato
Probably the best of the season for me. Like the story the jokes and that morty wasn't getting to big for his boots.. I'd watch this one again where none of the rest I would.

Caporegime
I enjoyed episode 8 for the most part. The end of it cracked me up like old R&M used to.

In general though they have disappeared up their own arses and its all got a bit too meta. The "hardcore" fans will no doubt lap it up and explain how funny everything is to people who no longer "get it" while everyone else is realising that its just not funny anymore. Its clever but its not funny most of the time. I think they are also trying to poke fun at the toxic fans R&M has but those people won't realise that and will just lap it up.

Probably the best of the season for me. Like the story the jokes and that morty wasn't getting to big for his boots.. I'd watch this one again where none of the rest I would.
Sad to hear people's opinions of S4 not living up to the previous series.

I could re-watch the first 3 seasons multiple times and enjoy them.

Which I might have to since I can't watch S4 without torrenting it, and I swore off that years ago :p Actually I can't watch S1-3 either as no longer have Netflix, lol.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sad to hear people's opinions of S4 not living up to the previous series.

I could re-watch the first 3 seasons multiple times and enjoy them.

Which I might have to since I can't watch S4 without torrenting it, and I swore off that years ago :p Actually I can't watch S1-3 either as no longer have Netflix, lol.

Thats why its such a shame. Those first 3 series are super solid. Even the episodes I didn't care for at first grew on me and I think I didn't care so much for them because the others we soo good. Episodes like pickly rick were not trying to be too clever or meta and were just really well written and animated.

Soldato
Yeah good episode, hope this is a return to form for the rest of the series.

Thought Morty was gonna live his whole life with that girl and then press the reset button. Jerry pressing it was perfect.

Soldato
It was the dynamic of S4 that just didn't work for me. What the hell do I mean by dynamic, I guess it's hard to explain but I'll try.

a lot of the first 3 seasons was Rick being cool as hell and leading the way, and morty being a sidekick. Then in S4 it was almost like the family was a sidekick or the alt characters and morty suddenly thought he was superior to everyone else, making most of his comments quite smarmy and self righteous.

Then the episodes kinda left the arc of the first 3 seasons and tried to expand the universe to where it didn't need to go... Like a movie themed episode or magically dragons and nazi snakes, followed by the flipping train tragedy..

I'm ungrateful because they're still strong compare to a lot of crap on TV but damn starting so well might have made it very hard to top expectations..

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Still catching up with this, but OMG the Pickled Rick episode made me laugh so much, one of the funniest things i have seen on TV for a long long time.

Back
Top Bottom