US: Rick & Morty

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm struggling to put my finger on what its lost but its something. Its not coming up with great ideas any more and even when they do come up with an interesting theme they usually just go for silly and over the top rather than clever or an interesting take on it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
It missing something this season, can`t quite put my finger on it though.

Still the Turkey episode was good :)

Soldato
I'm struggling to put my finger on what its lost but its something. Its not coming up with great ideas any more and even when they do come up with an interesting theme they usually just go for silly and over the top rather than clever or an interesting take on it.
It's been that way since they got 7 more seasons. The writers now have to take over making the show based on Justin's comedy . The writers are ****

fez

fez

Caporegime
I feel I've totally missed the boat with this show. Just seen that the whole series is on Netflix. Is it worth perusing?

When does it peak?

First 3 seasons are good. Massively hit and miss after that.

I just find that this series doesn't even keep me interested and barely gets a laugh an episode half the time. This episode was no different. Its got far too much fast paced visually overloaded scenes that don't benefit the show and seem to be at the expense of the comedy and storytelling.

Soldato
Wow!!
I'll defend even the most average of R&M as being "not bad" if you just like 20 minutes of entertainment, but that was just weird.

Like they were trying to fit 3 episodes into 1.
Talking so fast and moving between scenes so fast you couldn't even catch the jokes.

Feels odd to say this, but even though it should have been a great episode with rummaging through the history of BP and Rick, it might possibly one of the worst episodes to date, and I'm even including Raising Gazorpazorp.

Damn son !! :(

Soldato
S5 finished......

Ep9 was a bit crap, as was the start of ep10 - but then got better.

Interesting reveals and not sure where the story will go now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
S5E5 on E4.

Literally have no idea what I just watched :D Fun, tho. Pretty colours.

e: Well, that's odd. I actually saw the series finale and thought it was the first part of the second half of S5. Mostly because the C4 announcer after S5 said there was a mid-season break. But I think the EPG must have been wrong also.

So turns out I watched in order 1-8, 10, 9, 10. The ending still makes absolutely no sense. Just a whole bunch of words coming at me too fast to comprehend any of it :p

Last edited:
Episode 9 was lead in filler for 10, but 10 was good to get back to some "canon" story rather than Family Guy "this is like the time I did X with Y" random guff.

I think there's a lot of ways they can take the story forward here still. Plus I think Harmon and Roiland said they had plans for a few more series yet.

Soldato
Plus I think Harmon and Roiland said they had plans for a few more series yet.

They're only about half way through the amount of episodes they're contracted to make, so there's a lot more coming.

Quite enjoyed 9 and 10

9 felt like a return to amusing form with a hook/story that actually worked, and 10, yeah, what comes next?
It's all pretty epic and messed up now :D

Soldato
I dunno 10 felt a lot like they wanted to just wrap up the arc from the first 4 seasons so they could put it to bed as they didn't actually have a decent outcome to what they started. (Rick even says, no everyone can stop talking about it)
Now they free reign to just make it random story of the week show.

Seem like a bit of a kick in the nuts to the fans imo.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Has there ever really been an overall arc? Its had the odd implied storyline or spoken about historic events but I never got the impression there was much to them beyond fleshing out the R&M universe. Its a shame really because the evil morty story could have been great to explore.

Soldato
I rewatched 9/10 again and I think I was a little harsh in my review. It tied up a lot of lose ends and had a lot of sarcastic jokes embedded into it about the viewers moans about the episodic nature of the last few seasons.
It was quite the paradox, it kinda finished the evil Morty story but opened up a whole new bunch of questions. So I'm unsure what to think about where the story is going to go now.

They were easily the best two episodes of this season, I just wish the whole thing could he this good.

Back
Top Bottom