Rift audio mirroring - pitch drift bug

Soldato
I suffer from the Rift Audio Mirroring bug where the pitch gradually changes. Anyone else had this, and have a fix?

If there's nothing simpler, I've seen a quite clever workaround using a batch file to repeatedly change the volume up and down a single step, as this resets the problem each time.

loop
{
Send {Volume_Up}
Send {Volume_Down}
sleep, 5000
}

But it's years since I've done this kind of thing, and I can't remember how exactly.

I'm assuming that sleep command is standard? And is it measured in seconds, meaning 5000 seems rather high, maybe 100 would be better.

And the next question, if this'll work, is - how do you then cancel it? Will it run in a CMD window I can just close?

Soldato
Send isn't a windows command line that I'm aware of (where did you get the example from, there might be more to it), but you can use autohotkey or nircmd to achieve the same thing.

Edit; Googling the code example you've given it comes up with lots of references to autohotkey, so it seems you have a batch file for autohotkey, not a windows batch file.

Soldato
OP
Thanks - you're 100% right! I had misunderstood the solution they were presenting.

I've never used autohotkey (or even heard of it before). Is it a safe resource to use?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice. I've edited it slightly so I can end the infinite loop at will:

loop
{
Send {Volume_Up}
Send {Volume_Down}
sleep, 5000
}

esc::endapp

The only downside currently is that changing the volume like this causes a GUI volume bar to appear on my screen for a second. I'm wondering what other adjustment would 'reset' the problem but without that side effect. I'll have a think about it.

Back
Top Bottom