Rift S/Quest audio

Soldato
While there are lots of aftermarket mods to add headphones to the quest/S

Would it not be possible to 3d print an oval tube that clips to the headband which pipes the default audio down to the vicinity of your lugholes, opening out in a headphone like shape. You could always cut some holes in a couple of marshmallows and stick them to the inner edge of the headphone shape to make them more comfortable...…. and it would make your ears smell lovely

Soldato
I think you're having far too much faith in the default audio to be good even when directed properly.

KSC75 headphones will be better.

Soldato
OP
I think you're having far too much faith in the default audio to be good even when directed properly.

KSC75 headphones will be better.

I've not actually heard the default audio as I'm sticking with my CV1, but I thought some enterprising peeps would have produced a 'sound tube' just to find out.

Soldato
The Quest default audio isn't as bad as some people make out. The spatial effect is excellent and for casual gaming it's acceptable.

However it's nowhere near as good as the CV1 audio, so some sort of headphones are essential to get the most out of it, and also if you need to prevent sound leakage.

Soldato
The Quest default audio isn't as bad as some people make out. The spatial effect is excellent and for casual gaming it's acceptable.

However it's nowhere near as good as the CV1 audio, so some sort of headphones are essential to get the most out of it, and also if you need to prevent sound leakage.
Tbh I like the quests Audio. For what it is, it’s good and a lot of developers don’t code their audio for it to be used properly. Half life lamba1vr for example sounds amazing with it

rift s I inexcusable.

Soldato
Yeah I bought some in ear headphones for the quest but I find the headset audio fine and not as bad as people make out.

tbh i think most complaints come from the Rift S and then ppl assume or link the two together

altho they use similar tech.. the rift s's audio is clearly inferior to the quest's.

Soldato
Yeah I bought some in ear headphones for the quest but I find the headset audio fine and not as bad as people make out.

Same here, I had the Quest and have the Rift S and they sound fine to me. Positional Audio is perfect, both are just lacking a bit of bass. Besides I would happily take a small reduction in Audio Quality to keep my ears free.

Associate
The sound in the S is OK to me. Maybe my opinion would change at a higher volume. I play in a quiet room. However for my use, nothing stood out as bad.

Soldato
I found the integrated audio on both the Rift S and Quest to be much the same. OK for casual use, but really lacking in bass. This is most noticeable when watching movies or playing games that heavily feature music. This is unfortunate for the Quest as it is otherwise a good movie watching headset.

Soldato
I bought some along with 3.5mm jacks to do the same for the Quest and they are sat on my desk waiting to be modded but I tried them as is and to be honest I just dont get it as they are clearly worse than the Quest audio. Maybe its because they are currently only plugged in on one side and maybe as they dont quite fit round my ears properly but the spatial audio is non existant and it sounds really flat ??! So far I find the Quest in built audio hard to beat. These are meant to be the same audio drivers that are in the CV1.

Back
Top Bottom