Right, what do I upgrade next?

Associate
OP
Had some trouble connecting, with regards to the power until I read online "just use the PSU connectors, 6+2 rather than the supplied 8 pins", which is a shame as I think it could look better. Any recommendations therein?

Looks good though, which is the important thing.
kRMaLh5.jpg.png
z6iZV

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've made no driver changes yet, think I need to uninstall everything and install from scratch, but performance in PUBG has shot up. Much smoother experience.

Have everything on Ultra and I'm getting about 80fps so far.

As per ExoMale about, RAM upgrade the next thing.

Associate
OP
Morning Gents, a little assistance please.

I've added an additional 8GB ram today, same as the 8 on there, Kingston Fury Black ordered from OC. Turning on, I'm stable in the bios but Windows is crashing "memory management".

Is there something I'm supposed to do in the Bios to stop this, or something I've missed? Bios is displaying all the RAM rnning at 2667

Soldato
Morning Gents, a little assistance please.

I've added an additional 8GB ram today, same as the 8 on there, Kingston Fury Black ordered from OC. Turning on, I'm stable in the bios but Windows is crashing "memory management".

Is there something I'm supposed to do in the Bios to stop this, or something I've missed? Bios is displaying all the RAM rnning at 2667

Is the CPU still clocked?

Having 4 sticks will put extra stress on the memory controller and it may be that your system is having trouble holding the clock with the additional sticks.

If you haven't done so already - take off the clock for now and set up the memory and see if you can get into Windows at stock.

Then work from there...

Associate
Definitely the graphics card. I wouldn't bother with the RAM unless you have a specific requirement that needs it. 8GB is still just fine. A 1060 will give you a substantial improvement, a 1070 will give you supreme performance, a 1080 would be crazy OTT. Whether you go for a 1060 or 1070, well, depends how you see the future of that PC. Oh, and my aim after that would be a bigger monitor. Size counts!

Soldato
Ok, up to 16GB now. Strangely not seeing much improvement. FireStrike confirms the same.
I wouldn't expect much improvement in Firestrike, it's a benchmarking tool mainly geared towards the GPU and CPU. As you had 8Gb already you wouldn't see a major performance boost.

More and more games are recommending 16GB as the norm - and some older games benefit too. You may not see major FPS jumps but you may notice less slow down/stuttering - a general smoothness in gameplay - where some games can utilise the extra memory.

Back
Top Bottom