RIP Airwolf

V F

V F

Soldato
Airwolf technically "died" in 1992, the helicopter was sold to Germasny and converted into an air ambulance. Crashed during a thunderstorm killing all 3 crew members.

As for Jan, the only real surprise here is he lasted as long as he did. He had one of his legs amputated a few years back was involved in a number of car crashes and suffered damage to his brain which meant he couldn't even remember a lot of the incidents. Drink and drugs fueled for many years unfortunately :(

I never knew this until this news reading on IMDb.

Caporegime
i'm amazed he lasted this long - for the last 20 years he's looked dead - alcoholism didn't treat him well.

He was out of his head from around season 2 of airwolf onwards. He apparently only got the role after promising to clean himself up. You can notice that in a lot of season 2 and 3 episodes he had aviator glasses on pretty much constantly to try and hide the glazed look in his eyes.

Sad story, but overall he sank his own career with his antics. Assaulting his wife a few times, numerous car accidents, one of which left him with a permanently raspy voice after a breathing tube apparently damaged his vocal cords.:(

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Shame, but 74, makes me feel old now considering he was young when I saw Airwolf!
Still my favourite TV theme!
Only watched The Mechanic recently as well.

Miss the eighties shows. Anyone remember Street Hawk as well?

Associate
Loved that show as a kid....3rd series was a bit odd when he was replaced with his brother St. John.....

:( I think Airwolf is currently being shown on one of the freeview channels...
5star and 5usa, around dinner time on weekdays (usually with The A-Team and/or Knightrider).

Caporegime
Ah, so that's who this is about!

Alas I don't remember ever watching the show. Was it on UK TV? I remember Knight Rider (of course!) which was around the same era apparently as Airwolf.

Caporegime
Helicopters with tyre screeches while banking, love the 80's.

Some of those sfx are actually of animals, the airwolf howl was some sort of animal, can't remember which but its taken from a sound fx library you can buy :)

Was used in star wars as well.

That video you quoted is actually my edit of the airwolf 2 dogfight, had to start with it having no sound at all and edited all the sounds back in.

Back
Top Bottom