RIP Lawnmower, Hello Artificial Grass

Permabanned
OP
Sheds not that old, just needs a paint and the fences are a bit random, half of the panels blew down so different colours. Other side is falling down but lady next door is ancient and dont want to hassle her too much.

Associate
very good , not a fan of artificial grass ,but daughters new house has it apparently its the in thing for house builders :) personally i would have just concreted it think of the parking spaces:)

Soldato
Nice makeover!
I once had a patch of artificial grass and it was the worst thing I ever did. Only positive is that it stayed green. But the dirt and cleaning make it not worth having.

Soldato
Plastic green carpet makes the baby Jesus cry.

Exactly, plastic grass should be banned IMO. Dreadful idea for a home, as if we don't have enough plastic to deal with in the world already. I guess it just comes down to people putting convenience and looks above the environment which we've all been guilty of at some point.

Soldato
Looks very neat and tidy. My folks replaced their tiny lawn with astroturf and it’s 100% been the correct decision for them. Not sure it’s for me, but it looks very smart.

What’s the tree in the middle at the back - looks like a massive olive?

Permabanned
OP
Looks very neat and tidy. My folks replaced their tiny lawn with astroturf and it’s 100% been the correct decision for them. Not sure it’s for me, but it looks very smart.

What’s the tree in the middle at the back - looks like a massive olive?

Yeah its an olive tree, planted it from a small pot when we moved here about 10 years ago, was about 1m high! Needs a trim. :)

Soldato
I assume all the ecowarriors complaining about it have wildflower meadows instead of a lawn - given that an English type short cut grass lawn is pretty hopeless for nature as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom