RMA Advice (Not OCUK)

Soldato
Ive just had a issue with this same company, not to hijack your thread, I brought a Power Colour 7800XT Red Devil GPU off them last week, when they first came out, (only beacuse I cant get it anywhere else), they charged me £587.99 plus postage for it, 2 hours later they reduced the price and it remains at 549.99, I called them and demanded the difference back which is nearly £40, if it had of only been £10 id of let it slide.

Ive just rang them again today chasing my partial refund and they've given me some BS story about how the credit departments inbox was full and they've requested it again, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and give them another week, if I dont get it back this time next week then it will be a small claims court which will cost them another £35 in fee's, dead easy to do, just fill a simple form on the Gov UK website, and pay the £35 fee, which i'll get back.

Last edited:
Associate
I had a problem with them back in 1999 where I ordered something listed in stock, turns out it wasn't in stock. I cancelled the order then took multiple months of chasing them to get the money refunded.

Never used them since and seen lots of complaints about them over the years.

Soldato
OP
I checked the case just now.

Case Status:Closed
The case was closed in your favour.

No email or anything about it. But I can see the refund show up on Paypal. Nothing showing up on my card yet. Hopefully it's just being processed or something.

Happy to be at what seems like the end of this now. Thanks all for the help and support.

edit:

I've got the refund. It's gone back onto a prepaid debit card, which means it's basically burning a hole. Will look out for some deals around black Friday.

Last edited:
Associate
I checked the case just now.

Case Status:Closed
The case was closed in your favour.

No email or anything about it. But I can see the refund show up on Paypal. Nothing showing up on my card yet. Hopefully it's just being processed or something.

Happy to be at what seems like the end of this now. Thanks all for the help and support.

edit:

I've got the refund. It's gone back onto a prepaid debit card, which means it's basically burning a hole. Will look out for some deals around black Friday.
That's horrible. I'm glad paypal sorted you out.

Could you withdraw the cash from a cash machine? If not, hope you find something good.

Soldato
Also had the same issue with that shop, bought a asus z790 apex from them didn't look at the board as I didn't have a cpu yet, then about a few weeks later I started to read these boards can be quite badly bent so I decided to check mine and it was badly bent on the io side and 24 pin side, then I took a look at the socket and it was completely destroyed with multiple pins bent.
They tryed to fob me off with pictures that I had installed it and damaged it myself, so I copied Internet pictures on reviews that my board matched them showing nothing was installed, so they refused rma and tryed to get me to sign a agreement to send it to asus for socket repair, so I put up a negative review on truspilot and lucky for me started a dispute with PayPal, and low on behold they backed down and sent a rma and pleaded with me to remove or change the truspilot review.

Than a few months later Jay2cents put a video up about no longer using asus and he had two boards like mine with socket damage on then, use media it works.
If I have to send a motherboard for rma I always take a picture of the socket with a piece of paper with the rma number on it that way they can't claim you had damaged it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad i saw this thread as i was about to buy a whole system build in Bolton as ocuk didnt have the parts i need (now they do!) and i would have dreaded going through all this hassle. Ive only ever bought my parts of here over the many years and i have never been let down.

Soldato
I've only just read this, but damn, that is absolutely shocking, I've read other stories of the same company doing the exact same thing, to try prevent a refund just like the original post.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom