• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA gpu and got different one back

Soldato
I haven't open the box as I just assumed it was not as good.

There might be a 2080 Ti in there? :)

Nah, if it's all sealed, I wouldn't open it either.

MSI don't have to do anything... yet. But if it comes to it, I'd have a go at them for knowingly doing business with a scummy retailer.

Permabanned
OP
Had them on the phone and was told it's a top notch gaming card. After an argument I spoke with a manager so said I was right and the 1660s is an unacceptable replacement and I should have been called before a decision like this was made.

Dpd are picking it up tomorrow.

They have offered me a Bgrade 1080 if I want or I can have a 2060.

Associate
Had them on the phone and was told it's a top notch gaming card. After an argument I spoke with a manager so said I was right and the 1660s is an unacceptable replacement and I should have been called before a decision like this was made.

Dpd are picking it up tomorrow.

They have offered me a Bgrade 1080 if I want or I can have a 2060.

I would go for the 2060..

Soldato
Not acceptable, much slower card.

But they might turn around and just pay you a much lower price than the cost of a 1660 Super if you refuse, as 1080's are EOL.

They can legitimately calculate your time of ownership into the valuation.

This happened to me with a motherboard that failed, years ago.

I paid around £110 for the board and got back around £70 even though I had only had it for less than a year, so I was out of pocket.

But I'd still try and get a better card if you can.

Yes they can offer you the market value of your card if they can't replace it like for like but they can't just replace it with a new one of that value.

Imagine if you wrote off your car and, instead of giving you the market value, they unilaterally decided to replace it with a brand new one they could buy for what yours was worth used :D

(Obviously, as it transpires from the rest of the thread, this was just a clueless shop rather than the manufacturer).

Back
Top Bottom