Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
[Damien];24216404 said:
Yeah I'm after 25mm ones.

Looks like they have those in 25mm, as long as you're ok with having them in black with the reflective bit on the side.

I wanted red ones, so had to settle for 23mm in the end. Though i'm not really noticing much difference in terms of the size when i'm actually riding tbh. And they look cool! :cool: :D

Soldato
Associate
Soldato
[Damien];24216603 said:
Ah, it was the 4000s I was after.

Edit: Just read that the 4000 and 4000s are identical if they're black. That right?

Dunno.

In other news the Peugeot frame is booked in to have it's headset fitted (I don't have a headset press so it's one of the few things I can't do myself and I'm aware of trying it with a long threaded axle and a bunch of washers but I don't trust bodge tools).

I've also ordered the wheels for it to be SS. I'm using an original Campag double crankset so I think I'm looking at 20t freewheel and developing 219 inches. Not sure if I should be hitting that or a 19t.

I can't remember if I used to push 48/18 or 48/17.

Last edited:
Underboss
[Damien];24213546 said:
To those that were asking about the bike fit I had the other day, here are links to my measurements/findings (link), and an exercise guide to correct my imbalances (link).

I figured some of it may be useful to anyone thinking of getting one done.

interesting!

can I advise you to get a pen (not sure what sort though) to mark everything up, including your shoes because if your saddle drops over time or you need to change cleats etc you will loose the money you paid as nothing will be aligned up properly

Soldato

Placed order w/ PBK Saturday evening, dispatched Sunday arrived Monday.

Placed order w/ Wiggle late Monday afternoon, dispatched an hour later arrived next day.

Placed order w/ Evans Cycles same time as Wiggle, still not dispatched.

Call CS and and ignoring the fact they appear to lack even basic manners. Find out it's been allocated and it's waiting to be picked.

Ask them to cancel so I can order elsewhere but apparently because it's been allocated it can't be cancelled. wtf?

Evans Cycles are useless.

Soldato
I ordered from Evans the other day. After filling my billing and delivery details the site then picked up my wife's work address from paypal and decided to use that instead. She's on maternity leave and won't be going back there for 8 months.

I called them but they couldn't see the order yet. Said they would check in an hour. Called me later to say it had already been dispatched but they would send me another gratis. Unfortunately it's out of stock and so I have to wait for it to come from the manufacturer.

I got a note from the postie this morning to tell me they have something at the depot with 9p insufficient postage. The only thing I'm expecting is from Evans....

Soldato
Placed order w/ PBK Saturday evening, dispatched Sunday arrived Monday.

Placed order w/ Wiggle late Monday afternoon, dispatched an hour later arrived next day.

Placed order w/ Evans Cycles same time as Wiggle, still not dispatched.

Call CS and and ignoring the fact they appear to lack even basic manners. Find out it's been allocated and it's waiting to be picked.

Ask them to cancel so I can order elsewhere but apparently because it's been allocated it can't be cancelled. wtf?

Evans Cycles are useless.

if you take the free delivery option they waste their time and not pick your order and then dispatch with next day delivery..

:confused::confused:

my "not in a rush" orders sit 2-3 days on processing then get dispatched and i get them the next day..

winstanleys bikes is REALLY quick to dispatch stuff! today for e.g. ordered 11.39 dispatched 12.29 with free next day parcel force delivery

InQ

InQ

Associate
Went home the long way this afternoon, damn nice day, should have been in short sleeves but it was 2c this morning!

My pace has increased a lot over the last month, averaged 19.8mph over 35 miles which i was pleased with to say the least, not tons of climbing at 1137ft but nevertheless.
Quite a few top 10's as well on Strava, my main aim was to better my PR on the climb out of Ribchester (Ribble climb CLD) which i did by adding 2.2mph to my previous best and getting into the top 10 (up from 40-odd).

http://app.strava.com/activities/51935737

These Assos bibs i got though are going to have to go, cutting into my crotch, they are the right size otherwise! Think i'll try some Castelli Free Aero.
Shout up if anyone is interested in the Assos bibs, used once!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom