Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
- Stop spending crap loads of money on cycling paraphernalia! I've spent enough this year, so only the essentials next year.

I've been trying that for years, always end up spending more than I want too :p.

Edit: Perhaps that should be more than the other half wants me too :D.

Last edited:
Soldato
My only goal is to try and cycle the 160mi from London to my parent's house in one day.

I don't know if it's a bit overambitious though. I might run out of steam or daylight...or both.

I did 170 miles in one day which is my longest ride to date, second longest was 40 miles! I'm sure you'd be fine to do it if you cycle regularly already. Just take it nice and steady. :cool:

Soldato
I did 170 miles in one day which is my longest ride to date, second longest was 40 miles! I'm sure you'd be fine to do it if you cycle regularly already. Just take it nice and steady. :cool:

How long did it take you and how much food did you bring? At the moment 65mi is my longest and 40 feels pretty comfortable although it does depend a lot on the route profile I guess.

Soldato
For next year I'll be happy with to get to 4000mi ish. Should be doable, I was averaging around 100mi a week in the summer months.

Not too fussed with a goal for the amount of climbing. Wherever I go around here, ill be climbing. 206,000ft so far this year.

I want to do more sportives, and id also like to do Alpe D'Huez! :D

Soldato
How long did it take you and how much food did you bring? At the moment 65mi is my longest and 40 feels pretty comfortable although it does depend a lot on the route profile I guess.

That took just over 12 hours with quite a few breaks as I was with a slower friend, we just took it nice and slow together. I just took two water bottles and a few gels, and quite a few oat bars. Stopped for half an hour for lunch and ate loads of flapjacks and sandwiches and basic carbs which kept me going, as well as filling up on water, and then just had a gel or bar whenever I felt like I needed it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom