Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Anyone else know why some drivers see fit to speed up when they see the lights at amber / just changing to red?

Cycling to work this morning and saw a guy just in front almost get knocked off his bike at great speed because some idiot didn't want to wait a minute at a red light. Knocks me sick!!!!

We are vulnerable to all while riding on the UK highways; and some people have no compasion or care for others!

I've been run down on three occasions; and one of them was by a bus! Took two of us from one side of the road and draged us to the otherside of the road, luckily we were NOT seriously injured - Although taken by Ambulance to the local hospital! Bus Co, Insurance payed for replacement bikes.

Take care on the roads lads!

M

Associate
heres a pic of my bro on his santa cruz super 8

rob1.jpg

Suspended
Can't remeber if I asked before, think it was only about Raleigh, is Willier a brand that many of you would consider purchasing? ATB sales sent of a box of celebrations so we must consider taking the brand on next year lol.

Yes, I'd consider a Wilier. They are very nice bikes, used in the Pro Peloton by Lampre.

I'd be very careful about which models I took on though.

Soldato
is Willier a brand that many of you would consider purchasing?

Not really.
I would love to own one - they do make some very nice bikes.
IMO, you get the feeling, like a lot of italian brands (bianchi, pinarello, cinelli), that you are paying extra for the name. I would be more likely to buy a canyon or focus (or even ribble, planetx, etc) who still make Pro Tour level bikes, but at a more reasonable price.

Soldato
this his bike hes selling it

Thats a strange setup?
What is he using it for?
The aero helmet suggests some sort of racing, but the gear ratio looks far too short for anything fast?
Got a brake on it, so its not a track bike. With drop bars rather than anything TT specific. Is it just an everyday commuter with a fancy helmet?

Very nice bike anyway :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really.
I would love to own one - they do make some very nice bikes.
IMO, you get the feeling, like a lot of italian brands (bianchi, pinarello, cinelli), that you are paying extra for the name. I would be more likely to buy a canyon or focus (or even ribble, planetx, etc) who still make Pro Tour level bikes, but at a more reasonable price.
I agree,they tend to be ridden by older guys with beards :p.

Its just an option really. To fill certain price points up to the one at £1700 with 105.

Felt bikes are beautiful this year. Built the z6 and the finish of the frame is top notch,tiagra 10 speed and mavic cxp22s make it nice and light.

I fancy the f75 next year as it has the better spec albeit with an aluminium frame with full carbon fork.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
What's wrong with it as it is now? I was under the impression you were happy with it that way. Personally I'd put some drops on it, but it'd probably look awful :p
I want some longer ones because the cut-down flipped drops on there at the moment aren't quite big enough to hold onto comfortably. Trouble is, the Mavic ones I want are rarer than hens' teeth and I've *got a feeling* they're going to be extremely expensive when they do turn up :p

Soldato
I wonder if any of you kind Londoners would be able to offer some advice?:)

I'm planning the route for a charity ride we'll be doing next year from Newcastle to Paris. The one part of the route I'm not confident about is getting from the Chesthunt hostel to our hotel in Croydon.

There'll be in the region of 30 riders doing the Newcastle to London leg (with another 20 joining us at Croydon for the London to Paris leg) and I'm keen that we don't bring traffic to a standstill/ get killed.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how best to get from Chesthunt to Croydon?

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom