Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hmmm seems like premium isn't worth the effort then really. I'm sad and keep an excel of all my training so even those features wouldn't help me much.

That's a good idea though as you can keep on top of your own training..

Strava is good. I dont know if you use the free version? Try find a trial? I get emails offering me them all the time, email them I'm sure they'll give you a trial if you express that you're interested in purchasing the premium package..

EDIT: Trust me your email address and ill forward you my offer and see if that works?

Soldato
That's a good idea though as you can keep on top of your own training..

Strava is good. I dont know if you use the free version? Try find a trial? I get emails offering me them all the time, email them I'm sure they'll give you a trial if you express that you're interested in purchasing the premium package..

EDIT: Trust me your email address and ill forward you my offer and see if that works?

Thanks for the offer but I already use the free version and recently got a 1 month free trial. Will use it and see but its sounding unlikely that I will go to premium.

Soldato
Woot, 20 miles on the Pompino this evening and nothing is clicking! So it was just the loose crank bolts.

20 flat miles with an average speed of 15.5mph. Cadence a bit low with an average of 77. Need to build that up.

Cadence must take on a different perspective though when it is directly proportional to speed :p

I've had two days of pigging out on **** so by the time the weekend comes I'm going to have to do some miles to mitigate the damage a bit :o

Roll on Sunday then it'll be as many evenings a week as I can squeeze in even if I can only knock out 10 miles or so.

Soldato
Super aero!!

You don't see many bikes with it there. The top end Trek Madone has the brake positioned there, but that's all I can think of. I'm sure there are a few.

Soldato
Super aero!!

You don't see many bikes with it there. The top end Trek Madone has the brake positioned there, but that's all I can think of. I'm sure there are a few.

Plenty of top end aero bikes position is down by bottom bracket, altho starting to see the move back to conventional as they can be awkward to work on.

Caporegime
Ok the guys at work have said they doubt my frame is repairable, so...I need a frameset that is a decent sportive/long distance frame but lightweight for the climbs. Would kind of like internal cabling but its not that important, and not too expensive as its coming out of my new bike budget.

Man of Honour
I actually read Von's message as "mud aero gains" first time around (and agreed).

My friend's shiny new bike has the rear brake positioned there and it has been fine - the four times he has ridden it in super-dry conditions :p

Associate
Rapha make good gear, without question. I cannot bring myself to have SKY logos all over me though.

pro gear I'm kinda ok with, but Rule 16 definitely applies to championship stuff.

Yeah, I thought the same until I tried it on, then decided I didn't care about the logos or 'the rules' because it looks that good!

K13LCC, there's so much divided opinion about team/pro kit wearing I'd do whatever you want, just don't expect anyone to take you seriously if wearing it! Least of all yourself ;)

I've looked at these before. Providing they're 'Rapha Quality' it'd be an easy way to own Rapha bib-shorts without spending £160+. I'd certainly try them before spending £100+ on another brand (Castelli etc). But branded black shorts are less in your face than a jersey, especially if not worn with matching team jersey! :cool:;)

I never take myself too seriously so I'll be fine. Will just have to make sure I'm really fast on the days I wear it :)

I don't think I'll be buying the matching bibs - bit too much like going to watch a football match in full kit for my liking. I do have said £160 classic bib shorts that I'll wear the jersey with.

I'm not sure on the quality of the £100 bib shorts as to where they fall in their range. I'm not convinced they're £60 less product than the classic, so could be a steal.

Soldato
Ok the guys at work have said they doubt my frame is repairable, so...I need a frameset that is a decent sportive/long distance frame but lightweight for the climbs. Would kind of like internal cabling but its not that important, and not too expensive as its coming out of my new bike budget.

why not just buy the frame you *really* want now, then upgrade the kit over time? buying a lesser frame now and damaging the "dream bike" budget seems silly.

Cervelo R3 for top end stuff in that vein

Planet X RT58 for cheaps?

what do you have at the mo?

Last edited:
Caporegime
why not just buy the frame you *really* want now, then upgrade the kit over time? buying a lesser frame now and damaging the "dream bike" budget seems silly.

Cervelo R3 for top end stuff in that vein

Planet X RT58 for cheaps?

what do you have at the mo?
My main bike is a Ribble gran Fondo. It makes sense what you're saying....I just know that if I do that, my wife is going to complain when I turn around and tell her I'm buying Di2 for that frame I bought earlier in the year. "Why do you need that? Didn't you spend lots of money on the current things that make the chain move up and down?" Plus, I kinda wanted to go the disc brake route which makes a complete purchase much more ideal for me.

I'm a lucky man (/looks over shoulder :eek:), but having a wife means my budget cannot be spent solely on bikes :p. I mean, for the first time ever last year, I spent more on a car then I have on a bike!

Still. A good idea. Lets see if we can find a bargain or two - and yes an R3 would be ideal..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom