Road rage

Soldato
I’m always tempted to brake suddenly when being tailgated? Would the driver hitting from behind always be at fault?

It wouldn't make a lot of difference if the resulting smash resulted in you getting seriously hurt.

You just have to hope that one day they will run into someone as stupid as them.

Soldato
There is never any reasoning with these ***** as their ideology of you being in their way trumps, in their minds, any concept of safety, obedience to the law, or responsibility for others. They will do whatever they think they can get away with and view you as completely expendable.
They are absolute wastes of space and air. Remove them. Too many people on the road, as is...

People keep trying to sell me on electric vehicles, with their main selling point being the 0-60 in under 4 seconds... But then, you'll have ***** like these^ in charge of such machines, and suddenly it seems like a really bad idea!

Soldato
Best just to gradually slow down, after all your just trying to maintain a reasonable speed for the braking gap available. Once the gap opens up resume the speed limit.

Caporegime
She was easily able to open her passenger door and swing it into mine.

Police just rang me back and at the end said they will issue her with a warning. He seemed to suggest that taking it further was pointless. Fine by me. Just wanted them to speak to her.

As for going faster it was in a school area with my daughters school just at the top of the hill. I see idiots speeding up and down it all the time. I didnt want to do that. I was about to stop anyway!

Pointless because no evidence. Your word against hers

Soldato
When people tailgate is the perfect time to give the screen a nice long wash. Again, and again, and again.

Exactly what I do. No risk of accidents because of dangerous things like brake checks but for whatever reason, it does always seem to get people off my bumper.

I am sick of it though. Always end up with people so close to me that I can't even see their lights in my mirror while I'm doing 30 in a 30. I'm not going to drive like a tool and hammer it in a 30 to get stopped at the same junction/lights/whatever that I would've done had I driven at the limit anyway. More and more people seem to have an issue with doing 30 in a 30 these days and it infuriates me.

Soldato
Exactly what I do. No risk of accidents because of dangerous things like brake checks but for whatever reason, it does always seem to get people off my bumper.

I am sick of it though. Always end up with people so close to me that I can't even see their lights in my mirror while I'm doing 30 in a 30. I'm not going to drive like a tool and hammer it in a 30 to get stopped at the same junction/lights/whatever that I would've done had I driven at the limit anyway. More and more people seem to have an issue with doing 30 in a 30 these days and it infuriates me.
I've found that as well, I wonder if it's as cars get bigger people get less perceptive to the speed they're doing so 30 feels slow.
I just stick the limiter on these days and don't worry or need to look at my speed anymore that bit more attention can be made to other things.

Soldato
OP
what kind of a giant was this woman if she was able to easily open her passenger door and swing it into yours........and then close it. it's more the closing of it that's got me interested.

It wasnt a big car! I can easily lean across and open my door and close it.

Remember she pushed her door against mine which made it bounce back too!

Man of Honour
It is sad we have to share our world, country and roads with people who act in this sort of manner.

It feels worse today than it ever has, anger seems to be everywhere in all walks of life and that is sad.

Soldato
Yes and no.

In theory they should always leave enough room but if they had a dashcam, it wouldn't reflect well on either party and you might find it's not so cut and dried if no one believes you really had to brake for a phantom badger and instead were deliberately brake checking someone.

Yes this is what I thought also...
But what if for example we apply the example above?
If the person infront was doing 75 and suddenly realised he was a little over the speed limit and braked to 70 and with said idiot behind ploughing into the back of you?

Associate
OP how slow were you driving?

*** edited by moderator ***

I think people forget that respect has to be made to the drivers behind you as well.

If you are driving 20mph with traffic behind it can be interpreted as disrespect to those road users.

This is why drivers get annoyed with cyclists who ride on the middle of the lane... to a cyclist they're "allowed to by law" but to a driver behind it's disrespect - they are holding them up with no care.

Personally I understand that a lot of people have medical/biological reasons for driving slow - but I can still feel the aggression coming when stuck behind a slow driver - I just force subside it.

This woman had no control... just imagine the rage running through her body. She was already in that state biologically, and you just happened to tick her off.

That's assuming this story is real of course, almost reads as fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Had a proper dash camera warrior up my rear last week. He got upset I overtook him and decided to get about an inch from my bumper. I couldn't work out his issue but noted the dash camera fitted centre windscreen and when I let him go by, the "CCTV" stickers all over his car accompanied by the 'too often to be a coincidence' disabled blue badge.

Soldato
I usually just let the idiots go past now, life's too short to get upset. It's always funny when they race off though and then you meet them again at the next set of lights.
What's the rush.

Soldato
OP how slow were you driving?

I think people forget that respect has to be made to the drivers behind you as well.

If you are driving 20mph with traffic behind it can be interpreted as disrespect to those road users.

This is why drivers get annoyed with cyclists who ride on the middle of the lane... to a cyclist they're "allowed to by law" but to a driver behind it's disrespect - they are holding them up with no care.

Personally I understand that a lot of people have medical/biological reasons for driving slow - but I can still feel the aggression coming when stuck behind a slow driver - I just force subside it.

This woman had no control... just imagine the rage running through her body. She was already in that state biologically, and you just happened to tick her off.

That's assuming this story is real of course, almost reads as fake.
Your post makes you sound like part of the problem to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom