Road to Rotary: Japan to France in an RX7

Sounds awesome but I lost interest at TikTok
...ok great post.

Want to know what i'd do?
Not really, because that's it. You wouldn't do it.
At all.
Everyone loves to talk a good game about what they would do but no one actually does... anything they say.

Literally all it takes for you to be on the news as the next russian political priosner they're taking in to use for prisoner swaps is for you to have had your camera running as you drive by russian military minding your own business driving down the road blogging, and the next thing you know you're in front of a judge in a russian court on military surveillance charges.

I think you need to put the juice down for a moment and go touch some grass dude

pretty sure you can't get travel insurance for traveling against government advise can you?
I'd love to check the Ts&Cs on my travel insurance for half the **** I do, tbf.
But to obtain a visa to enter Russia as well you have to have medical insurance as well as it covering civil liability insurance. You can find these specifics online though.

When you enter Russia you have to pay to take out insurance, general insurance, for while you're in the country.

I also need a carnet ATA for the car, to show it's not being imported but temporarily in each country.

That's not how you use the "touch grass" insult. I've shared the UK Foreign office advise which advised against all travel to Russia and if you are in Russia to evacuate and the answer to sharing that government advice is to "touch grass". Wow.

Do you hold French citizenship ? what's the French foreign office guidance on travel to russia ? Macron's support of Ukraine hasn't gone down any better than the UK support has. Also, this is worth a read. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjjwexqj11xo

Of Kevin Lik
"The court claimed he had visited and photographed “deployment sites” of Russian troops."

Watch where you point your camera on that trip.

Last edited:
That's not how you use the "touch grass" insult. I've shared the UK Foreign office advise which advised against all travel to Russia and if you are in Russia to evacuate and the answer to sharing that government advice is to "touch grass". Wow.

Do you hold French citizenship ? what's the French foreign office guidance on travel to russia ? Macron's support of Ukraine hasn't gone down any better than the UK support has. Also, this is worth a read. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cjjwexqj11xo

Of Kevin Lik

Watch where you point your camera on that trip.

Their logic and reasoning doesn't seem to go further than other people have/are doing it so it'll be fine...

Last edited:
lol so you're going to tell me how to use "touch grass" as well as how to live my life?

Beautiful.

Please ignore all this nonsense and drive through Russia. People need to chill out.
I will, don't worry. For those commenting with more stamps in their collection than their passport might considering experiencing the world for what it is instead of how they're told it is.

I certainly will continue to do so.

I'm on track for 17 countries done this year. I will continue to delve into places that I'm sure this place will have a **** fit over, and I'm more than confident it will be beautiful.

For those commenting with more stamps in their collection than their passport

What a class act you are.

As you are being so petulant and childish about this I'm going to lay it on - if this goes wrong, and the chance is not negligible, you are going to make a whole lots of hassle and risk for people like diplomatic mission/embassy staff (and organisations/charities like Prisoners Abroad who are already sticking their neck out) and so on who'll have to deal with it in an already declining situation.

They aren't saying stuff like this for fun:

If you do not need to be in Russia, we strongly advise you to consider leaving.

You cannot fly directly from Russia to the UK or through EU countries. Commercial flight options are limited and can sell out quickly. Check with your airline or travel provider.

British nationals should exercise extreme caution at all times. Travel within or out of Russia is at your own risk.

But by all means keep belittling people.

Last edited:
If you ignore all the propaganda about Russia, you'll see that Russian people are some of the most sincere/welcoming people you'll meet. I think this goes for most Eastern countries. In Russia Kolyma is the best place, if you want to experience the proper ZSSR soviet Russia. :p

Last edited:
If you ignore all the propaganda about Russia, you'll see that Russian people are some of the most sincere/welcoming people you'll meet. I think this goes for most Eastern countries. In Russia Kolyma is the best place, if you want to experience the proper ZSSR soviet Russia. :p

Not the people, mostly, that could be the problem - the vast majority of Russians will either be welcoming or just straight up ignore you. Even most of the officials you'd encounter are professional, mostly.

In 9 months?

I know someone who has done IIRC Bosnia, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Spain, Italy, Greece, France, Croatia, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Colombia, sailed the Caribbean, Costa Rica, US, Canada and several others enroute to those this year.

Some of those were delivering aid to Ukraine i.e. Romania, Moldova, Ukraine and Belgium, Germany, Poland.

It's not the people you need to worry about, it's the state. I know a few Russian people now living in the UK and even they won't risk going back. If they see you are British or have anything to do with the UK, you're taking a big risk.

Like China, NK, Iran, etc. they are not beyond using innocent civilians as political leverage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom