*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
Wasteland was bad enough, now this gimmick map too. They ruin the game for me, they should remain as gimmick fun maps for those that want them and keep the normal pitch design for ranked matches.

Associate
I started playing this a few days ago and I'm completely terrible (or pro players are magical hackers who have antigravity enabled) but it's so much fun :D

Anybody play with Steam controller and if so does it work well?

As I mentioned above, I'm a complete novice but yeah it works fantastically. What helped me out massively was mapping the side dodges to the two underside triggers. If you map each of them to L/R stick and A, and set it to turbo mode, hitting either will do the side roll. It's more intuitive than doing left stick and double tap manually. You can also do forward/back rolls by using the stick yourself to override the direction and still using the triggers.

I'm not doing too bad but I'm hopeless when the ball is in the air above me, or when the ball is up against the walls either side of the goals. There I just flop about like a fish while people do mid air 360 noscope tricks. I was on a team that lost 9-0 last night. No quitting though because I'm not a coward. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
[Damien];29879461 said:
I started playing this a few days ago and I'm completely terrible (or pro players are magical hackers who have antigravity enabled) but it's so much fun :D

As I mentioned above, I'm a complete novice but yeah it works fantastically. What helped me out massively was mapping the side dodges to the two underside triggers. If you map each of them to L/R stick and A, and set it to turbo mode, hitting either will do the side roll. It's more intuitive than doing left stick and double tap manually. You can also do forward/back rolls by using the stick yourself to override the direction and still using the triggers.

I'm not doing too bad but I'm hopeless when the ball is in the air above me, or when the ball is up against the walls either side of the goals. There I just flop about like a fish while people do mid air 360 noscope tricks. I was on a team that lost 9-0 last night. No quitting though because I'm not a coward. :)

It's actually worth doing the training things as you can really get a proper chance to learn how to rocket jump

Associate
It's actually worth doing the training things as you can really get a proper chance to learn how to rocket jump

I have done. I know how to do it in theory but some of the people I play against are godlike at it. I can kind of do it (when I'm not out of boost for chasing the ball like a madman) but I just need to up my skills.

Edit: I played 2v2 with a Vet mate last night against two randoms. They were the most toxic people we'd ever come across. Loads of abuse and calling us noobs etc. We went from 2-0 down (because with my skills it was basically 1v2) to 2-2 just before time. The overtime was absolutely mental and some of the most fun I've ever had. After loads of back and forth we managed to pull off a sneaky goal and win.

The rage and calls for a rematch were hilarious.

11/10 game, would play again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Freeplay is the best place to learn how to control an Aerial and then move onto the Aerial training to start aiming for the ball.

Becomes second nature after so long, it's the trick shots that become an issue. :p

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Practice, practice, practice is all I can say on aerial play. When I started I got decent at intercepts and shots etc, but for the life of me couldn't get the hang of aerial play or mid-air saves. More recently though, I've been nailing it. Still not quite like the amazing players that seem to float through the air, but getting there! :D

Soldato
Practice, practice, practice is all I can say on aerial play. When I started I got decent at intercepts and shots etc, but for the life of me couldn't get the hang of aerial play or mid-air saves. More recently though, I've been nailing it. Still not quite like the amazing players that seem to float through the air, but getting there! :D

If you think you're getting better, I would advise you not to look at r/rocketleague as it'll just ruin your day :p

Soldato
I had a comment on one of my streams saying I was good at rocket league. I felt so validated. But I then decided to play some ranked and am still struggling to get out of challenger 1 (div4, so close!). So that was a nice ego check. The rule of thumb is that you constantly need to try the hard stuff until you get it right. I don't know how to avoid messing up the easy stuff because I still do that.

Soldato
I never really knew what this was or think is be interesting despite all the following, but I've got a single player version I was trialling and actually it's quite a fun entertaining game and so easy to play with keyboard.

I will try play the basketball version at some point.

Associate
The new Rumble update is great fun! I haven't laughed at a game so much in a long time.
Even although the 'spike' power-up is completely OP, it creates some awesome goals.

I bought a key to unlock the first crate I got and ended up with a new car, the Dominus GT :cool:

IJcyGCb.png

Don
Still playing this game, over a year later of almost daily play. Such a fun game.

The new Rumble mode is insane! Going to buy a set of keys to say 'thanks' to the developers.

Back
Top Bottom