*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
Can confirm, I am your alt. Don't you remember creating me?

2x the chance of reaching grand champ!!

I always find that after 2 beers I'm at the pinnacle of my rocket league expertise. I loosen up and can hit some absolute bangers. Anything before/after that, i'm back to being crap. It's a real jackal and hyde ordeal.

Soldato
Ever since getting the Plat rewards, Haven't touched comp since as I haven't had any reason to keep going, Champ is still so far ahead of me but I've come a long way from Gold in Season 3 to now.
Recently started playing dropshot with 5 other friends and it's actually really fun!

I'm up for some 2s most evenings if anyone wants, Steam ID is jony_bobo

Soldato
Sat at 11/12 wins for plat rewards now, unfortunately I'm deranked to gold3 div3 :(

What do we think? 9 days to get back the skill I lost for not playing for 2 months? I think I can do it :)

Well after a few days of smashing rocket league, I'm now down to Gold 1 :(

I don't feel rusty anymore, I think this is just the new normal now... Its going to suck if it takes me months to get back to where I was.

My advice to anyone would be not to take a long break, it sets you back a long way lol.

Interestingly I'm no worse at 1v1s, so I guess its my positioning and aerials messing me up.

Soldato
Oh man, that's rough :( i think at some point in Season 3 I deranked to mid Challenger 2 from nearly getting Rising Star, it happens. The highest I've been this season (and ever I think) is Plat 2 Div 4 in 3's. Currently G3 in 2's (I don't play 2's anywhere near as much).

I try and get some training done before I hop into any games to warm up the mechanics (I still backflip far too ******* much though :D). I'm 31 so my reflexes are slowly on the decline, lol. Diamond at some point would be a miracle!

Associate
Haloween event is on now, points for playing can be spent on various bits, banners, hats, unlocked chests, & keys to unlock crates, those keys will make the item account bound though.

Soldato
Managed to get to Diamond 2 from the 10 pre-rank games. (Before the tweak the other day)
Surprising as I finished Plat 3 last season, so have improved.

Hoping to get to champion 1/2 this season with my friend, need to bump up my hours though and learn some new tricks.

Associate
Recently purchased a gaming PC after years on Xbox. I have put in around 700 hours on RL on the devils console and hit Diamond in 3's and Plat 2 in doubles. I have purchased RL on Steam and i am using it with the same controller. The mechanics feel totally different compared to the Xbox. The game just feels much slower on PC and less fluid. Has anyone else experienced this or able to give some kind of explanation as to why? I don't think specs are an issue as i am running it on a GTX1070 with an i7 and 24gb RAM.

Soldato
That is very weird, as the PC version should feel head and shoulders above the console versions. I played it on XB1 for the first time a week or so ago, and couldn't believe how it felt (in a bad way). The input lag was insane, it was like having to predict and press what I needed to do before doing it.

Are all your camera settings the same? Taken off camera shake? Do the rest of your games run OK?

Associate
That is very weird, as the PC version should feel head and shoulders above the console versions. I played it on XB1 for the first time a week or so ago, and couldn't believe how it felt (in a bad way). The input lag was insane, it was like having to predict and press what I needed to do before doing it.

Are all your camera settings the same? Taken off camera shake? Do the rest of your games run OK?

Interesting how you found a difference going from PC to XB1. I think you are probably right about it being worse on XB1, however my muscle memory is used to the XB1 version even if it performs worse. All settings are the same for camera and controller. PUBG and Pro Evo run well.

Is Vsync off?

Vsync is on i think.

Associate
Finished Plat2 on pretty much each mode last season.

This season I'm all over the place, Plat 3 on 3's (solo queue in the group games), gold 2 in solo 3's (players I get matchmade with seem more silver... I'm not good enough to carry lol) and Plat 1 on Duos.

Liking the Halloween candy being able to buy key to open crate, I don't really do much trading and gives me a chance to open some stuff :) Only trading I do really is crates for keys.

Soldato
Recently bought this and an Xbox One controller and I'm hopeless at this. Just been playing against bots and its great fun! I'm absolutely terrible at using controllers too so this is going to take a LOT of practise.

Soldato
Started playing this the other week and enjoying it for a quick blast despite being pretty rubbish. Got a question around the crates and stuff. How do you actually get the stuff out of them - is it pay only? I opened one and if I tried selecting anything all it did was took me to another screen prompting me to pay for stuff.

Associate
There is a good website that offers trading but I can't remember the name (try google). People put up what items they have and what they want in return. If they only want chests you can pick up some keys/items from chests and car models without paying a penny. I traded all the items I currently have equipped, and all the money I had spent on keys got me nothing but unwanted crap.

Associate
I've always traded crates for keys but now people want so many crates they're asking you to give them 6 for nothing before you then give them another 24 for a key or whatever. Just don't trust people enough to be giving them part of the trade with no security.

Despite being a hit/miss plat level player, this season I've somehow got up into Diamond on 3's (admittedly quite often my teams weakest link) but have grabbed the Diamond level season rewards now so am happy :D

Soldato
Turning to you knowledgeable lot(OK last resort google failed me).

Despite having a low ping avg 30 across all games I get horrific lag where on my screen I hit the ball or line up for it and a second later the game updates and I've missed it completely.

I get no frame loss when it happens it appears to be packet loss but it's only rocket league affected and it only started recently (past 2 weeks).

Please help me wise ones before I have to try doing something productive with my spare time.

Soldato
Turning to you knowledgeable lot(OK last resort google failed me).

Despite having a low ping avg 30 across all games I get horrific lag where on my screen I hit the ball or line up for it and a second later the game updates and I've missed it completely.

I get no frame loss when it happens it appears to be packet loss but it's only rocket league affected and it only started recently (past 2 weeks).

Please help me wise ones before I have to try doing something productive with my spare time.
This was driving me crazy too - I found that a hard reboot of my router fixes it for a bit. Started playing up again last night so rebooted the router this morning whilst everyone was asleep.

Who is your ISP?

Back
Top Bottom