*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Soldato
I've become hooked on trading atm lol

I've never purchased a key, but I added up the value of all my swag, and I'm at about 90 keys lol.

I'm currently spending more time trading than actually playing the game which is really stupid, but I've always enjoyed playing the markets on every game I've had. Diablo 3 was like crack to me when it first came out lol.

Soldato
So it looks like Psyonix are gearing up for their Autumn update with the last couple of announcements:

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/starbase-arc-wasteland-standard-arenas/ - They have redesigned Starbase ARC and Wasteland to standard arenas with the original versions being removed from Competitive play. Season 6 will also start when the new update drops.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/incoming-transparent-goalposts/ - we will finally be able to see the ball outline when in certain positions near the goalposts!

Looking forward to rumoured new items too and hopefully being able to select different car bodies for different teams! Although I use the Dominus so no painted versions for me :(

Soldato
I've become hooked on trading atm lol

I've never purchased a key, but I added up the value of all my swag, and I'm at about 90 keys lol.

I'm currently spending more time trading than actually playing the game which is really stupid, but I've always enjoyed playing the markets on every game I've had. Diablo 3 was like crack to me when it first came out lol.

Does anyone do any of the trade stuff on rocket league?

Soldato
Well, my trading went really well since my last post. I'm over 200 keys now for sure.

If its advice you were after, and if you even check in this thread (I have no idea how to tag), then I was basically flipping stuff, buying at 1 or 2 overdrives crates and selling for 3 - 6 overdrives / 1 or 2 keys.

They were fairly low value trades, but I often I was getting trade request quicker than I could complete the trades with 3 or 4 people waiting to trade with me lol, its pretty stressful actually. So basically I was going for a quantity over quality approach. You will soon learn the stuff that's easy to flip and the stuff that's not. I've stopped now, mostly because overdrive crate value had dropped and I cant be bothered to find a new market, and also because I pretty much have everything I want.

On another note. Trading has actually ruined my passion for the game :( I played pretty much every day, even if it was just 10 mins in free play (got a family, cant always spend huge amounts of time on the PC) but I pretty much stopped playing games and just did training / trading for 2 months or so. Now, I play like crap, I'm always in the wrong place and keep making stupid mistakes. I haven't played the game for a week or two and I've lost all my ranks due to inactivity lol.

I might do a bit of drunk unranked though tonight, try and get the fun back into the game

Last edited:
Soldato
@GIBURROWS

Well, my trading went really well since my last post. I'm over 200 keys now for sure.I might do some

If its advice you were after, and if you even check in this thread (I have no idea how to tag), then I was basically flipping stuff, buying at 1 or 2 overdrives crates and selling for 3 - 6 overdrives / 1 or 2 keys.

They were fairly low value trades, but I often I was getting trade request quicker than I could complete the trades with 3 or 4 people waiting to trade with me lol, its pretty stressful actually. So basically I was going for a quantity over quality approach. You will soon learn the stuff that's easy to flip and the stuff that's not. I've stopped now, mostly because overdrive crate value had dropped and I cant be bothered to find a new market, and also because I pretty much have everything I want.

On another note. Trading has actually ruined my passion for the game :( I played pretty much every day, even if it was just 10 mins in free play (got a family, cant always spend huge amounts of time on the PC) but I pretty much stopped playing games and just did training / trading for 2 months or so. Now, I play like crap, I'm always in the wrong place and keep making stupid mistakes. I haven't played the game for a week or two and I've lost all my ranks due to inactivity lol.

I might do a bit of drunk unranked though tonight, try and get the fun back into the game

Soldato
With RLCS on Twitch starting back up the weekend just gone, has anyone got any good stuff drop via the Fan Rewards system (if you've linked a Twitch account)?

I've been pretty lucky and got at least one item per stream generally, although they've been mostly RLCS decals.

Soldato
Yeah, they are kinda cool. They fade from orange to blue, which looks pretty bad ass, but makes it hard to actually make a decent set up with them unless you go orange/blue and blue/orange

I think I sold them for 6 or 8 keys which was pretty nice lol.

Soldato
Oh wow, that many for standard Apex? No wonder TW sells for literally hundreds of keys :/

I think the game wants me to use the Octane ZSR as 3 standard decals, one certified decal and three painted decals have all dropped for me :D

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom