*** Rocket League PS4 Thread ***

Caporegime
I'd be up for giving it a go. I'm going to be in Vancouver until the 9th April so will be unable to play until then so it depends when the games have to be played really.

But other than now-9th i'd be happy to play and see if we get passed the first set of games ;)
Sorry just saw this - unsure exactly when it runs from other than April to June or when registration closes. Need a few more to get the ball in motion...

TBH I doubt Im anywhere good enough to really be involved but if it means more chance of people playing more regularly than Im all for it - I just dont get that far playing with randoms nowadays...

Anyone fancy having a regular meet up for RL games? Think theres only a few people that regularly still play this...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I started playing this again recently and so far it's been excellent. I'm still not very good but I'm having fun, so I don't really care :p

I've started mainly playing 3v3 standard and solo competitive. Not sure I'll ever advance though.

The Grog car is awesome to use since most of my time I like to defend. The Ripper had also been a car I'm using a lot.

I like the Batman car. I don't use it often since I'm not keen on really flat cars.

Caporegime
Who else is playing this? Getting tired of randoms who seem to chase the ball rather than just sitting back waiting for a better chance...

I just mainly play 2v2 or 3v3 but not competitively so nothing that serious - just be nice to rely on some better plays while trying to get better!
Here's that like ps3ud0 while I remember

Cheers for that - seems an easy setup but unsure how that would be in a match, let me know if you have any luck with it! Expect some games next week ;)

Ill try and find that corner goal tactic I saw where you can score from flipping on the wall towards the goal...

Last edited:
Caporegime
LOL dont worry, was more a general question as Im still playing several times a week - catch you next week perhaps ;)

My timing has gone to pot, so thinking playing with same people might fix that...

Last edited:
Soldato
Still playing myself, although been playing more on the PC version as it runs so much better. If anyone is up for playing though gimme a shout, message me on PSN and i'll jump on if i'm about.

Soldato
Yeah it looks easy to set those shots up but in a game you just have to be quick or work as a team to set them up. It's certainly going to be harder, but at least the actual technique is easy to pull off - it's more about positioning in a real match to line it up.

I'm flying back home today - and I've bought a new controller while in the UK so expect a lot less mistakes.
I've basically been playing Rocket League and Dark Souls with the left stick constantly acting as if it's being pulled back - so quite a big problem!!

I'm going to go on tonight when I'm home because I'm curious to see the difference.

Flight is 6pm UK time, so i'll be on by around 10pm UK time.

Otherwise i'll be on as normal during the week now and then

Caporegime
Ill try and be on tonight - I really need better form after last weeks poor display. Anybody got some recommendations purely on how to learn aerials? Feel like I need to start from scratch on that - find it hard to judge the distance from me and the ball while in the air so perhaps I need to do a camera tweak - anyone played around with that?

Caporegime
I was an hour later than expected getting home. But i'll be on this week as per usual anyway. Just send an invite whenever you see me online as i'm usually up for a few games at least even if i'm not on for the night.
Just promise to look after your DS4 better than your Tinder conquests ;). Im gonna be online in 30 mins myself - watching MOTD2...

Soldato
Always up for a game myself if not busy, if your not in the PS4 RL group lemme know and i'll get you added. Just send a message in there when your on and plenty of people to play with if they are about.

Soldato
Just promise to look after your DS4 better than your Tinder conquests ;). Im gonna be online in 30 mins myself - watching MOTD2...

Haha after a such a long marriage I'm a Vet in RL compared to suddenly trying to date in a new country. :p

Had a few games though with the new controller and it felt a lot better.
All those little moments when I felt the game wasn't responsive have gone.
I actually made a lot of errors because my controller has been bad so long I was compensating for it a bit without knowing.

So it'll take a few days to get that out of my system :D

Caporegime
Some nice new QoS changes coming with more quick chat options in-play and end-game and some kind of podium thing when you finish a game. Looks nice!

Ill be back soon to RL - just unable to hit the PS4 at the moment

Back
Top Bottom