ROG Swift PG32UQX mini LED DisplayHDR™ 1400 4k

Associate
These started to sell out in stores in the US so I was like what the heck let me try it out just in case they are a small manufacturing run. I pick it up tomorrow.

Let us know what you think, the UK price looks like it's going to be stupid. Like £1 = $1 + 20% VAT stupid. :mad:

Associate
After using this display for a day, my feelings are incredibly mixed. It's like a massively flawed beauty. Like a gorgeous 10 woman who has a permanent yeast infection and halitosis. Like an old Ferrari; slow and uncomfortable, but sexy and rare.

Soldato
After using this display for a day, my feelings are incredibly mixed. It's like a massively flawed beauty. Like a gorgeous 10 woman who has a permanent yeast infection and halitosis. Like an old Ferrari; slow and uncomfortable, but sexy and rare.
Does it have any IPS Glow when used in a dark room ?
Has the FALD & MiniLED got rid of it

Soldato
“Pmsl”. Yeah dead tech, good one
If people had been given proper comparison of high end CRT and LCD in shops don't think CRT would have disappeared anywhere fast.
LCD was simply inferior tech in such many areas of image quality.
But marketing pushed LCD as second coming of Jesus and has ever since been focusing on that at the expense of possible techs for true high image quality flat screens.

Soldato
I just read the review, it's a great review by the way. The image quality and out of the box accuracy are phenomenal, I'm particularly pleased that sRGB is very accurate and using the correct colour space and that it will switch to the HDR mode when needed also with the correct gamma and colour space as well as being even more accurate (local dimming limitations aside).

However, there are some small limitations to the technology and combined with the extremely high price this is very much out of my league (I suspect it's a monitor for the 0.1% richest PC gamers). It's a pity these really expensive monitors are the only way to get true HDR in a PC monitor form factor.

Last edited:
Associate

Great analogy :cry:

Shocker of a price on this. Might be tempted at 1.5-2k but 3k+ is mad.

Associate
If people had been given proper comparison of high end CRT and LCD in shops don't think CRT would have disappeared anywhere fast.
LCD was simply inferior tech in such many areas of image quality.
But marketing pushed LCD as second coming of Jesus and has ever since been focusing on that at the expense of possible techs for true high image quality flat screens.

exactly this , as you can probably tell i have never been a fan of lcds each and every type panel has to many flaws for me to even consider let alone paying 3k , now don't get me wrong if image quality was the same standard as say plasma or oled i might actually consider but sadly it isent and never will be.

And yes it is dead tech it was dead tech 5 years ago and nothing has changed since then , for me image quality it far more important then high refresh rate.

Man of Honour
exactly this , as you can probably tell i have never been a fan of lcds each and every type panel has to many flaws for me to even consider let alone paying 3k , now don't get me wrong if image quality was the same standard as say plasma or oled i might actually consider but sadly it isent and never will be.

And yes it is dead tech it was dead tech 5 years ago and nothing has changed since then , for me image quality it far more important then high refresh rate.
Nothing has changed in 5 years? Yeah ok. What total nonsense. What do you use for a desktop Pc monitor?

Back
Top Bottom