*** Rogue One: A Star Wars Story *** (NOW WITH SPOILERS)

Man of Honour
Looks awesome! Can't wait for this

Hmm, not sure. It has a slightly 'made for TV' feel, or something... I can't quite put my finger on it... feels a little cheap maybe?

But I totally get where this comment is coming from, can't quite work out why but just looks a bit like a high budget TV show as opposed to a film

Soldato
I seem to remember reading that Peter Cushing's character Grand Moff Tarkin from A New Hope was in Rogue One. On that basis I assumed the guy in white was Tarkin, although I appreciate that he wore grey not white. Maybe he gets promotion between Rogue One and A New Hope.

Tarkin is also in Star Wars Rebels which is apparently canon. I'm interested in seeing how they tie that in with the films, one has to assume all those characters kark it before A New Hope.

daz

daz

Soldato
This looks great. Not as "tied" down as the rest of the series I really feel this could be a great watch.

Soldato
Hopefully not. The less light sabres and force the better IMO.

im hoping he isnt in it until right at the end where he turns up and annihilates them all, but just too slow to stop them transmitting the plans to leia on the blockade runner - directly setting up the opening of ANH

thinking about it it would be pretty crazy seeing vader dominating the battle without any jedi to save them from him

Soldato
thinking about it it would be pretty crazy seeing vader dominating the battle without any jedi to save them from him

He could be the "ultimate badass" in this as he tracks down the rebels without having a Jedi to fight meaning it could show him as an unstoppable force to the rebels.

But I don't think they'll go that way, I think it'll be a cameo at the end at best.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
im hoping he isnt in it until right at the end where he turns up and annihilates them all, but just too slow to stop them transmitting the plans to leia on the blockade runner - directly setting up the opening of ANH

This is exactly how it should end.

2hrs of getting to know this rag tag bunch of rebel badasses who kick their way through stormtrooper butt to get the plans, only to be utterly wrecked by this unstoppable Sith Lord in the final moments of the film.

Caporegime
should have clocked this when I watched the trailer

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2016/04/07/star-wars-rogue-one-trailer-has-an-amusing-secret/

Rather than build a costly set, the Star Wars production seems to have shot in the architecturally amazing Canary Wharf station – a far cry from a space station orbiting and waiting to dispatch laser-based death on a planet below.

Picked up quickly by keen eyes on Twitter as soon as the trailer went live, the scenes show Jyn Erso (played by Felicity Jones) running through the station. On the right you can see the sliding doors which are found in a small group of Jubilee Line stations. It was this that gave the whole thing away.

ROGUE_ONE_A_STAR_WARS_STORY_Official_Teaser_Trai.jpg

Back
Top Bottom