*** Rogue One: A Star Wars Story *** (NOW WITH SPOILERS)

Soldato
I'm still really surprised at how this has developed. I wasn't all that fussed when it was first announced, but the teaser and this trailer has me hyped.

I completely agree with this, I just wasnt sure at all about Rogue One, but after that trailer especially its going to be an agonising wait.

I still dont get the logic of having the same actors in XWings in Rogue One and TFA (given that TFA is several decades later)

Unless Im mistaken, but I could have sworn I saw the bearded guy in this trialer in TFA

I just hope Vader turns up at the end and wrecks all the 'heroes' in this one to set up a new hope.

We already know Leia gets the plans somehow, so at least one "hero" has to survive surely (unless it becomes conveluted of course)

Its also likely that Rogue One is a new branch to the story, so its likely to become a series of films of its own, from what I understand anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
Will definitely go see this, but really wish it didn't smack so much of the originals. 'The chances are x%...', give me a break.

Saying that I disliked my first viewing of TFA for the same reason, and really enjoyed it the second time, soo :p maybe just expectation management.

Soldato
Saying that I disliked my first viewing of TFA for the same reason, and really enjoyed it the second time, soo :p maybe just expectation management.

I had this also , definitely expectations were probably too high for TFA (although making ep IV again was a bit too "easy" for such a good director)

Soldato
I still dont get the logic of having the same actors in XWings in Rogue One and TFA (given that TFA is several decades later)

They're updated x-wings in TFA (T-70 instead of the T-65B version in the original trilogy).

I do like the fact that Forest Whittaker's character is one that has been made canon from a mini-arc in The Clone Wars.

Associate
I am looking forward to seeing Donnie Yen taking down multiple Storm Troopers, however I imagine he will only have the one solo action scene we keep seeing clips of in the trailers.

Even so, it does look like its shaping up to be a good film though :)

Soldato
Looking better than TFA, although I might watch that again given a few people have said its better second time around, I supose not being surrounded my 'muricans cheering everytime someone appears on screen might help...

Caporegime
Yup, also the amount of trailers they release is irritating, you end up seeing most of the best bits and because you want to see the movie its hard not to watch them. :mad:

Sometimes i miss seeing a trailer for the first time at the cinema, or seeing one for a film you didn't know about before. Kind of spoils it a bit for me. Doesn't stop me watching the trailers though.

Soldato
They're updated x-wings in TFA (T-70 instead of the T-65B version in the original trilogy).

Whats this got to do with my quote? (I was talking about the actor playing the same pilot /charachter and age in films split by 30 odd years , not the type of xwing :) )

Associate
Not an enormous Star Wars Fan, fan of the 1st 3 as was the right age and think they all hold up, particularly Empire with its least George Lucas-ness , prequels terrible, Force Awakens semi-meh.

But this still looks awesome, just hope the rumors of re shoots just to lighten the mood dont come to fruition and we get the grim war movie suggested .. but given how great the Suicide Squad trailer was compared to the uneven mess we actually got ....

Fingers Crossed till they bleed.

Last edited:
Soldato
As long as it makes me feel like a kid watching A New Hope again I'll be happy. TFA, for all it's many faults, gave me that feeling on first viewing* so I have high hopes for this!

*after the 3-4th viewing my cynical adult brain started to reassert itself and the "issues" TFA has are more apparent now :(

Caporegime
Looks alright. One thing I miss in the new films is the way the prequels were filmed (2 and 3 anyway). The cinematography, the CGI, etc. Say what you like about the prequels, but I thought the way they were filmed was perfect. TFA was great, but just felt completely different.

Caporegime
Looks alright. One thing I miss in the new films is the way the prequels were filmed (2 and 3 anyway). The cinematography, the CGI, etc. Say what you like about the prequels, but I thought the way they were filmed was perfect. TFA was great, but just felt completely different.

I understand what you mean, I maybe wouldn't agree that they were perfectly filmed, but I did enjoy their style, certainly would not say they were 'badly' shot.

The latest film has a distinctly different vibe to it, but still familiar (nostalgia for the original trilogy) and is wonderfully shot.

Back
Top Bottom