*** Rogue One: A Star Wars Story *** (NOW WITH SPOILERS)

Man of Honour
lol you seem to have forgotten what i said and how many times have i clarified it?

remember my first post after we found out the rough story.
Disappointing and interesting as most of the EU is far far far better than the films.

my actual feeling, rather than your made up precieved feeling.
Nope.
you can either slot new material in between extended universe stuff.

Or you can not take it as cannon and produce an awesome story.

They did neither. They took the first 3 and changed as little as possible.

again if you are going to destroy canon, make it good. they didn't.

why dont you actually read my posts for a change, as you say they are there for everyone to read. they don't match your viewpoint.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/search.php?searchid=24212263

Soldato
I'm in the camp of people who really like TFA, possibly even say I loved it. I didn't grow up with the original trilogy so I don't suffer from the rose tinted glasses I suspect some people do. A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back were great films, but RoTJ was pretty rubbish in my opinion.

I think nearly all of us will agree that the prequels were complete dross, no need to cover those :p

Associate
I'm in the camp of people who really like TFA, possibly even say I loved it. I didn't grow up with the original trilogy so I don't suffer from the rose tinted glasses I suspect some people do. A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back were great films, but RoTJ was pretty rubbish in my opinion.

I think nearly all of us will agree that the prequels were complete dross, no need to cover those :p

Same. Not a huge fan of the originals but Iike the universe. They did really well with TFA, it was a rehash of A New Hope but it added new characters who had believable friendships, had some great action scenes, decent amount of humour AND it felt like a star wars movie. Rogue One looks awesome btw. Someone on reddit was saying the scale of things in the new trailer is really well done - for example when the star destroyer is above the temple, or when the tie fighter zooms past and then the star destroyer emerges from the shadows.

Caporegime
lol you seem to have forgotten what i said and how many times have i clarified it?

remember my first post after we found out the rough story.]

Nice edit, your first post actually said.

Yay, nay, I don't know.
I don't like the films any more. Read to many of the EU books and the films just don't cut it any more.

You can do your usual and try to go round in circles until the other person dies of boredom and the forum loses all will to carry on but the point was I said you were negative from day one and was invested in the EU.

Disappointing and interesting as most of the EU is far far far better than the films.

:( looks and sounds terrible. I'll still watch it. But not much hope with that trailer.

and if further proof was needed that you couldn't let go of the EU....

Tickets booked for sat, haven't got high hopes. But we will see.

Would love to see them do the Jedi academy series. But I doubt they will.

You wanted to hate it from Day 1, loads of people liked it and true to form it gave you a soapbox to tell people how wrong they are. Now you will want to spend 8000 words on how I have misunderstood your meaning etc etc or try to move from my original point, that you can't let the EU go and was down on the film straight away.

On the day someone on here changes your viewpoint on anything, drop me a PM I'd love to read it.

Man of Honour
Haha edit what edit. Did you even read, obviously not. I said first post "after"
You are ridicolouse. Ignore the actual reason I dislike it. That its a complete and utter reharsh. And go for some silly nonsense, that you've continually built up in your own head.

I've changed my opinion on here many many times, perhaps you should try doing the same.

Last edited:
Soldato

Totally respect your view, but for me its all about sentiment.

Seing the double bill of Star Wars and Empire back to back as your first cinema experiance at 9 years old in a really crappy fleapit of a cinema (as they all were back then in 80 /81) when the films themselves were the peak of what could be done effects / sound wise - it just woudnt have the same effect on kids who grew up 10 - 15 years later even with remixed sounds and edited /improved effects (as they will still look terrible in comparison to the latest blockbuster.

I may "know" all the plot holes, all the bad effects / where the money ran out etc etc but the original Star Wars (admittedly I would still have remixed sound) before it became "a New Hope" would be a must buy on BR if Disney ever release it. The original trilogy are still amongst my top 20 all time because of that sentiment.

There may be better films out there whether its story / acting / effects but nothing for me will ever beat the rebel cruiser being blasted to bits by the Star Destroyer as one of the best film openings of all time :D

Man of Honour
Having watched TFA recently, first time since the cinema, I was very impressed with the amount of polishing - it felt like it had twice the level of effort / care as similar sci fi / action films.

Criticisms of rehashing plots were valid, but it was still great fun.

This looks good, but I can only muster so much enthusiasm for fleshing out an already well known story... Not more Death Star.... :/

Man of Honour
Having watched TFA recently, first time since the cinema, I was very impressed with the amount of polishing - it felt like it had twice the level of effort / care as similar sci fi / action films.

Criticisms of rehashing plots were valid, but it was still great fun.

This looks good, but I can only muster so much enthusiasm for fleshing out an already well known story... Not more Death Star.... :/

Exactly how I feel tbh. They could do much more interesting stories.

Soldato

Its not a well known story though - we know it was done, not HOW it was done , which imo is a huge difference.

Star Wars was about destroying the Death Star, but again thats not really what makes it such a loved film, its as much about C3PO & R2D2's adventure , a farm boy leaving home etc etc etc.

Ironicly the Death Star doesnt have to have a big part in this film at all (and hopefully they wont make that mistake of making it too central)

Soldato
I shall adopt my usual "wait & see" tactic because I've been stung before my trailers that give too much of a movie away and end up spoiling the experience a bit. I'll wait and see what others say and watch it if it adds anything. If not, it's only 10 or 11 weeks or so.

Caporegime
I had to stop watching the trailer before I saw too much of the movie... and before I spaffed all over the screen.

Looks 10x better than Force Unleashed!

Caporegime
No offense but Felicity (1900 wants its name back) sounds far too snobbish to be taken seriously imo. She sounds totally out of place compared to the others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom