Rooney asks to leave, Utd say not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you interpret the stats is up to you. I just provided the insight.

That's the point, you didn't.

I think when you pointed it out and someone said really? I think that may have been sarcasm.

He's a striker who plays on the shoulder, I would expect him to get caught offside, same with Hernandez, it is their game.

Are you going to point at we won the league because we had the most points Mr Insight?

It could well be that too, but I bet he doesn't like not being the main man as well.

Anyway, giving him a giant contract to shut him up again would be monumentally stupid and I don't think we'll do it. I'd rather we sell him.

Him not being the main man wasn't a consideration last time. And I agree with you. I think it was monumentally stupid. Paying him £250k a week backs Man U into a really tight corner when it comes to sell-on. Who else could pay him that? PSG? Chelsea? Maybe Real Madrid. City?

Unless he gets a similarly extortionate contract somewhere else, Man U will still be paying a proportion of his ridiculous wages for another 2 seasons. Last time around, he would have been much easier to sell and make a profit on. If he goes to Bayern, he won't be getting anywhere near 250k per week.

It's pretty incredible when you think about it. Apparently he was offside for 2 of his three against Villa and Valencia was offside to assist the other. On another day at someone else's ground he could have moved closer to being the second most offside player this season.

No I just noticed around the time of real Madrid he was asking not to be dropped but was really padding out his offside stats, I thought he looked tired and in need of a break.

Him not being the main man wasn't a consideration last time. And I agree with you. I think it was monumentally stupid. Paying him £250k a week backs Man U into a really tight corner when it comes to sell-on. Who else could pay him that? PSG? Chelsea? Maybe Real Madrid. City?

Unless he gets a similarly extortionate contract somewhere else, Man U will still be paying a proportion of his ridiculous wages for another 2 seasons. Last time around, he would have been much easier to sell and make a profit on. If he goes to Bayern, he won't be getting anywhere near 250k per week.

While Europe (I believe) have tightened up their tax situation for higher earners, its still better in most places than in England, so even if the before tax is worse, the bottom line could be better.

He could also potentially negotiate a better image rights deal than his present Utd one (which is usually done seperately these days for the big stars).

Some people just don't like their beliefs to be questioned I guess and when they are they turn and attack the individual.

I get it, I really do..

They're not beliefs Nick, it's a fact, he's a striker so he gets caught offside a lot.

Your not Mystic Meg because you have realised that, you must just process information slower than the rest of us.

saw this on the bbc webby and says it all about the player :

Sir Alex Ferguson said Wayne Rooney "was not keen to play" in his last home match as Manchester United manager, bit disrespectful on rooneys part imo.

loved the other comment from fergie tho :

"He wasn't happy about being taken off a few times this season but a Wayne Rooney in top form wouldn't be taken off. "

fingers crossed they can get a decent price for him and get rid, hopefully get hernandez more playing time.

Some people just don't like their beliefs to be questioned I guess and when they are they turn and attack the individual.

I get it, I really do..

I think we are all secretly hoping that you are trolling pretty hard otherwise its a little sad really. You are like one of those people that go on xfactor and won't accept that they are really bad because they have deluded themselves so much that they simply cannot accept that they are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom