Rooney asks to leave, Utd say not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a strange situation. If SAF really wants him to stay, why reveal this and turn fans against him? If he doesn't want him to stay, well it's not really his call is it. So again, why reveal it? I also read that Rooney posted on twitter he was looking forward to playing before deleting it. And as much as I'm not a huge fan of his, it seems out of character to not wish to play in such a game...

Perhaps he really is being forced out.

He's not being forced out. He's made his own bed, now he has to lie in it.

In 2010 Wayne Rooney called into question the ambition of Manchester United. Now in 2013 our ambition has superseded his own and he doesn't like it. Oh the irony. He wanted us to sign better players...

Moyes might try a 4-3-3 now that Rooney wants out. I really dont think you can do well in Europe with 2 strikers in the modern possession game. Rooney is over-rated only had 2-3 good seasons and now he's coming up to 28 he's only getting older, fatter and less fit. cash in on him now.

Moyes might try a 4-3-3 now that Rooney wants out. I really dont think you can do well in Europe with 2 strikers in the modern possession game. Rooney is over-rated only had 2-3 good seasons and now he's coming up to 28 he's only getting older, fatter and less fit. cash in on him now.

Utd has a history of wingers - George Best, Beckham, Ronaldo.....even Nani and Valencia on a good day

Maybe the club has to change with the times, but imo it would be sad to see no wide players at all at the club

David Luiz has confirmed he would be happy to see unsettled Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney move to Chelsea in the summer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...hester-United-striker-Wayne-Rooney-to-Chelsea

I can't envisage a scenario where we'd sell to Chelsea. While he's very much blown hot and cold this season, and last, on form he's not a player that you'd want playing for a rival team. Unless of course they want to offer a ridiculous fee, again, doubtful.

Rooney will stay.

Man Utd don't really have that many great players anymore. Rooney can play wide, in the hole or as a striker. Selling him means that Rvp is the only player top teams have to worry about.

Rooney is not the player he was but he still has flashes of the sublime. With him, Man utd needed 1 big signing up front (and some in midfield), without him they have to get two. Who would they be?

David Luiz has confirmed he would be happy to see unsettled Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney move to Chelsea in the summer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...hester-United-striker-Wayne-Rooney-to-Chelsea

I can't envisage a scenario where we'd sell to Chelsea. While he's very much blown hot and cold this season, and last, on form he's not a player that you'd want playing for a rival team. Unless of course they want to offer a ridiculous fee, again, doubtful.

Well tbf Robbo, Arsenal fans didnt think RVP would go to a rival of ours last season. So its not beyond the realms of reality if Chelsea put in a big enough bid that perhaps Utd will jump and offload Rooney.

I dont think Rooney will be sold, seems like Utd are going to hold onto him for as long as possible or make him see his contract out. If he does go, id be surprised if he went to another EPL team, id gladly take him at Arsenal:p but i could see him going abroad ie PSG or Spain. I do wonder why hes decided he wants out, could it be the arrival of RVP and his stunning goal form has made Rooney jealous and left out??.

You would hope he's not as immature as that, but it certainly seems that way. He doesn't feel like he's the main man anymore

True but looking at what he did a couple of yrs back, wanting out but really wanting a huge payrise, which he got in the end. I wouldnt say hes very mature:p.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out again, if Utd force him to stay or decide to dump him to another team.

Well tbf Robbo, Arsenal fans didnt think RVP would go to a rival of ours last season. So its not beyond the realms of reality if Chelsea put in a big enough bid that perhaps Utd will jump and offload Rooney.

I dont think Rooney will be sold, seems like Utd are going to hold onto him for as long as possible or make him see his contract out. If he does go, id be surprised if he went to another EPL team, id gladly take him at Arsenal:p but i could see him going abroad ie PSG or Spain. I do wonder why hes decided he wants out, could it be the arrival of RVP and his stunning goal form has made Rooney jealous and left out??.

In the nicest possible way - we're not Arsenal. :p

The RvP deal was a combination of his contract running out as well as his wish to leave, I don't think Rooney's contract is due to run out for quite a while yet? I'm not sure if he genuinely wants to leave either.

I think that's pretty much exactly what it is, Rooney isn't the main man any more and he's in a mardy about it.

Us selling to Chelsea is by no means impossible, but it would take a stupidly large offer for us to do so, and he's not really worth that kind of sum to them. RvP was worth every penny to us.

The fans have pretty much turned on him now as well, they won't put up with someone asking to leave twice in a relatively short period of time.

why would they let him go for free?

Ermmmm where have i said they would let him go for free??:confused:. When i said Utd force him to see out his contract, i obviously meant to say until theres a year or 2 left then maybe sell him and get as much as they can.

Didnt think i needed to spell it out for you, no club is that stupid to let one of their best players go for free.

If Rooney wants to be the main man again, and this is what this is all about, he's going to find it hard to find a club where he would arrive and become that guy again, unless he suddenly gets rid of his inconsistent form problem

In the nicest possible way - we're not Arsenal. :p

The RvP deal was a combination of his contract running out as well as his wish to leave, I don't think Rooney's contract is due to run out for quite a while yet? I'm not sure if he genuinely wants to leave either.

I think that's pretty much exactly what it is, Rooney isn't the main main any more and he's in a mardy about it.

Us selling to Chelsea is by no means impossible, but it would take a stupidly large offer for us to do so, and he's not really worth that kind of sum to them. RvP was worth every penny to us.

The fans have pretty much turned on him now as well, they won't put up with someone asking to leave twice in a relatively short period of time.

LOL yes thanks for pointing that out, that you arent Arsenal:(:p.

Like i said it will be extremely interesting to see what happens in the Rooney saga.

Rooney's got two years left on his contract and isn't close to the best striker at the club, RVP had one year left but Arsenal were desparate to keep hold of him.

Money talks, what use is there in making Rooney see out his contract then leaving for next to nothing when you can sell him now for maximum amount you'll ever get for him again.

If he signed a 2 year contract extension and left in two years, he'd be 30, probably two more seasons in which he misses a month or two of the season due to simply lack of fitness... how much will he be worth then.

There is NO player, including Messi and Ronaldo, where a certain price is worth more than them staying, with Messi and Ronaldo that value is huge and they are irreplaceable, but if Messi staying means 30mil increased income a year for 5 years through winning more things, then if someone offered 200mil the club would still be better off selling. With Rooney, he's more than replaceable. You have a top striker, when RVP gets older and past it(which could easily not be for 5-6 years) then Rooney will also be an issue and you'd be looking for someone else long term anyway. With RVP the main striker, you need a deeper player, or central midfielder, or winger, Rooney is none of those things, there are better players available. The team can be improved and Rooney has a value where its better for the club to sell than keep. I see no reason why Utd would demand to keep him, because he's massively overpaid, costing the club more than he's worth while he stays and his value is going down by the year.

Shirt sales. That's why we don't want to sell him. He is the face of English football. The schoolboy with skill the guy everyone has on their shirts.

You used to have options at man utd..Cole? Beckham? Giggs? Kanxhelskis, Keane, scholes,

Without wazza who you going to get? Carrick? Lol. Only choice will be RVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom